Out of control Bamboo !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by boobook, Oct 20, 2012.

1. boobook

boobook Junior Member

Greetings all from South East Australia
    This is my first post and I was hoping that someone may be able to assist with info on dealing with my Bamboo. It's no longer a friend as it has decided to destroy the house foundations.
    Has anybody had this problem and if so have you found an environmentally friendly method of removing the said Bamboo.
    Regards,
    Boobook

2. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Do you know the exact variety? Can you post a picture of the problem?

3. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

You dont have too much bamboo you just dont have enough Pandas :)

4. boobook

boobook Junior Member

Thanks Grasshopper but the pandas were chased away by the drop bears long ago.
    And thanks eco4560. I am having trouble posting photos but I don't think they will assist much in ID'ing the variety as it was cut down last May to about 10-15 cms.
    It originally came from a backyard in Melbourne so whatever the most common variety used in backyards would be a good guess. Sorry I can't be more specific.
    It lived quite happily for many years in a nice little clump offering shade to a water tank but as the rainfall increased the last year or 2 it decided to go feral. Now it is spreading underground (prolifically) & popping up wherever it likes including destroying a concrete path and sprouting under the house.
    I am not in a position to dig it out or place concrete barriers around it so I am hoping (praying) that someone might know of a natural product that will at least halt its progress if not eradicate it.
    Regards & Thanks
    Boobook

5. John Gros

John Gros Junior Member

6. boobook

boobook Junior Member

Thanks John
    Full moon in Taurus,couldn't have timed this info any better...may the force be with you....boobook