North of Superior Permaculture

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by nomadcanuck, Jun 28, 2011.

1. nomadcanuck

nomadcanuck Junior Member

Greetings from Red Rock, Ontario. I'm on the north shore of Lake Superior. We are currently implementing a permaculture project here that began this spring. The gardens have been expanded and a new greenhouse constructed. Growing over 50 different edibles. Plans for this year are to build another storage shed, a chicken coop and yard which will be a mix of grassland and forest, begin the food forest, construct a cob oven, make a solar food dryer, preserve foods using a wide variety of different methods and possibly begin work on the pond to be located in the food forest.

I took my PDC with Geoff Lawton and Bill Mollison at Melbourne U in 2009. I then spent a few months WWOOFing around at some different permaculture farms in Aus such as Southern Cross Permaculture, Milkwood Permaculture and the Permaculture Research Institute of Australia or Zaytuna Farm (Geoff Lawton's farm). I was in South America for most of last year volunteering on permaculture farms in Ecuador, Bolivia and Argentina.

Come check out my site North of Superior Permaculture at www.permafarmer.blogspot.com

2. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

Hi there nomadcanuck,

Great to have you aboard. I look forward to hearing more about your project.