Newbie in Perth

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Megan, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Megan

Megan New Member

Hi all - Have been interested in Permaculture for a while and applying various principles wherever possible, am a kiwi living in WA and still going through the trial and error phase of adapting to such a different climate :) Looking forward to finding out more on these boards and thinking that signing up for Ross Mars' course this July would be a great start! Anyone else here done one of his courses? Very keen to get things going now that we own our house (have had enough of setting up great systems in rentals and leaving them behind...).

2. Noz

Noz Junior Member

Re: Newbie in Perth

Hi Megan

Nice to hear from someone in WA. I'm also considering doing Ross Mar's course in July. I had actually enrolled for one late 2008, but had to arrange for a friend to take my place as I had the opportunity for a free overseas holiday.

Do you already know about this group: https://permaculturewest.org.au/ ? I've never been, but they have monthly meetings - I think normally on a given Wednesday night.

For a WA specific set of resources you might like to look at Josh Byrne's video : https://www.joshbyrne.com.au/shop.php - he goes through installing dripperline vegie gardens, grey water recycling, multiple function chook runs with espalier-ed fruit trees along the edge etc. If you live in metro perth I'd be happy to loan it to you - just contact me on 6262 8200. I won't necessarily come in to this forum again soon.

Good luck & enjoy!

3. Megan

Megan New Member

Thanks Noz! I have that Josh Byrne DVD and it is awesome to see what can be done with a Perth back yard :) I will check out the group - sounds interesting...I really appreciate your reply...perhaps we will catch up at the Ross Mars course this July :D

4. Ev

Ev Junior Member

Hello fellow Perth person

5. gemjill

gemjill Junior Member

G'day and welcome to the site
    it's always great fun to start with a clean slate
    have fun and I hope you find some fellow permies in WA
    cheers