New Permaculture teacher training course Qld in Oct

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by Sonya, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Sonya

Sonya Junior Member

Hi,

Anyone interested in becoming a permaculture teacher? Robin Clayfield and Janet Millington are offering a new course - Cert IV in training, plus 'Dynamic Groups' facilitation course.

Features the new accreditation for permaculture teaching - course being run at Crystal Waters Permaculture Village in Qld Oct 1-8.

The training is auspiced to us through David J Foreman and Associates
    of SA

Janet Millington and Robin Clayfield will be the Trainers and it is
    organised by Robin Clayfield of Earthcare Education

Contact Robin on 07 5494 4707 or email [email protected]

or PM me and I'll forward the flyer and registration form.

Cheers,

Sonya.

2. Squeak

Squeak Junior Member

I heard about this but my understanding is that this has little to do with becoming a permaculture teacher as such but moreso to do with legal compliance.

I understand it's the new Cert IV in Training and Assessment which is replacing the current Workplace and Assessment Cert IV which is required by law for govt accredited training courses (such as APT) and that DJ Foreman & Associates isn't a permaculture organisation as such but facilitates training.

The way you make it sound is that it's totally geared to permaculture and that it's voluntary but is it?

3. Sonya

Sonya Junior Member

Yes it is meeting requirements, but includes Robin Clayfield's current dynamic group facilitation section too, which is the permaculture teaching part.

So it's a Cert IV and dynamic groups combined in one. It is "especially designed for those wanting to be involved in the delivery of Accredited Permaculture Training (APT TM)".

If you need more detailed info: email Robin on [email protected]

Cheers,

Sonya

4. permaculture.biz

permaculture.biz Junior Member

https://cli.re/RWPlace
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Global
    G'day,

Just a note to support this course for anybody doing any teaching anywhere, regardless of whether its Permaculture or not. Janet Millington (a long time teaching colleague of mine and excellent facilitator) has the unenviable task of delivering the first part of the course (Accredited Training Assessment) and Robin Clayfield will deliver the second part (Creative Delivery Facilitation). Robin is brilliant and the depth of her creative facilitation processes are quite amazing.

I have just spent the last week or so developing a whole new PDC course outline that is centred around what I learnt from Robin back at her (and Robyn Francis) APT tm CALF/COW course in December 2005. Many others in our movement, such as colleague David Holmgren, among others have been fortunate to have done Robin's great courses and have benefitted enormously.

Certainly the reaction I get from people out there (outside of Permaculture) is that these APT Cert IV Trainer Assessment courses are a very cost & time effective means of gaining the qualification compared with the others (eg. TAFE)on offer that drag on for months and are delivered in the boring old auditory manner. Quite apart from the fact that people like Janet, Robin, & Robyn deserve greater support. So if anyone is thinking of getting the qual. what better way of doing it? It certainly was one of the better 7 days of my life.

Ciao,

Darren Doherty