New Permaculture Education Organization

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by primal parent, Mar 3, 2009.

1. primal parent

primal parent Junior Member

I am pleased to announce the official launch of the Children's PEACE Guild.

Located in Eugene, Oregon in the Pacific Northwest (USA) we will be offering classes to introduce kids to basic Permaculture concepts, as well as backyard Herbalism and Nature Awareness.

Our playshops (not workshops) are designed to give children learning experiences through art, games, and hands-on projects and activities.

Additionally, we have created the Children's Permaculture Resource Network to provide materials (pamphlets, zines, books, and further contact information) to youth, parents, and educators.

For more information please visit our website, where you can also find articles, ideas, reviews and more:

www.childrenspeaceguild.webs.com

"Earthcare, Peoplecare, Fairshare, Childcare!"

2. Tropicana

Tropicana Junior Member

Re: New Permaculture Education Organization

I love this site! How good would it be if our children were exposed to these attitudes, ideas and information as a matter of course through mainstream schools? Our lives and the planet would be so much better off for that.

I can think of a few subjects that I learned in school that I have never had the need for in my 'real' life. So many things I have had to teach myself through reading , courses (some expensive) and forums (or is that fora :lol:) like this.

Thank goodness for the internet, but it is so vast that parents are often at a loss as to where to direct their children for them to learn the very basics of life that are ignored in the education system, (the parents need the education, too I'm 53 and still learning and hope to learn at least one new thing everyday).

Is there anything like this in Oz?

Tropicana :D :sunny:

3. permasculptor

permasculptor Junior Member

Re: New Permaculture Education Organization

Carolyn Nuttall and Janet Millington have recently released a book called outdoor classrooms-a handbook for school gardens which I recommend highly - https://www.outdoorclassrooms.com.au/main/

4. primal parent

primal parent Junior Member