New Member from Southern Victoria, Australia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by kate c, Jul 4, 2010.

1. kate c

kate c Junior Member

I live in Victoria, Australia only 1/2 hour from the Great Ocean Rd.

I have always had an interest in the environment and completed some environmental studies a few years back. I am only new to Permaculture and wish I was introduced to it earlier.

I currently live on a suburban block and have a vegie garden that keeps expanding. I am constantly trying new things like starting a worm farm, installing solar panels, op shopping and now I am even washing my hair with baking soda.

I am hoping to chat with like minded people as I am finding in this consumerist world it can be hard to find someone that I can relate to. My friends are all going out and buying large screen TV's and other materialistic items that I have NO desire to buy.

I have plans to buy a few acres in the future, build a straw bale house and try to become as self sufficient as possible. I am lucky to have a supportive husband.

I look forward to chating with you all.

Cheers
    Kate

2. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

Welcome Home Kate! We've been expecting you :)

3. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year
    Glad you have joined us Kate. I look forward to hearing more about your journey.Please be mindful that you need not get a couple of acres and a strawbale house to practice permaculture = in fact I think it is most important that we do much more with urban and suburban permaculture as there needs to be models of good design for all to see that the "answer" is not so hard, that it is doable everywhere and that it is a great and comfortable way to live.

My Kate has found great comfort in reading blogs of others who are writing about living a simpler and more sustainable life - she has discovered that not only is she not as alone as she thought but that there are many out there who share her views on that stuff. I could get her to give you a start if you like but don't spend too much time away from the forum now that you have found your way here.
    regards

4. sun burn

sun burn Junior Member

welcome welcome. What its like washing your hair with baking soda? I have never heard of this. Maybe its worth a try. I wait for your review. :)

5. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Pull up a spot around the table Kate. You are no longer alone! It was just how I felt when I joined in a year ago. Be warned though - they're such a nice bunch here that you might never leave again!

6. kate c

kate c Junior Member

Thanks to everyone for your warm welcome.

To Sun Burn; I am only 2 weeks into washing my hair with baking soda, so far my hair is still greasy. I have read though that it take approx 6 weeks for ones hair to start to regulate itself. I will let you know of my progress.

Cheers
    Kate