New from Rainbow Region Northern NSW

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Lachlan, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Lachlan

Lachlan Junior Member

Hello everyone,
    Just joined the forum. Have a beautiful property near Nimbin NSW. There is a permaculture education centre in Nimbin run by Robyn Francis at Djanbung Gardens. My land is very suitable for permaculture and is currently a blank canvas. I do not have the energy of youth to labour and create a sustainable lifestyle unfortunately. Just lots of ideas. Past retirement age, I may have to sell and move to a small house and suburban backyard in the near future.
    My family do not wish to help me.
    I am enjoying reading discussions on the forum today.
    Lachlan

2. lovingmygarden

lovingmygarden Junior Member

Re: New from Rainbow Region Northern NSW

Hi Lachlan,
    What a shame you can`t turn your property into a permiculture paradise. I love the Nimbin area, I went there many years ago with my husband when we went driving out that way. It is a perfect place for gardening. I also love the relaxed lifestyle out there.
    I hope you can get something established on your land, maybe you sould have a permieblitz with fellow permies out there??
    Happy gardening
    Lovingmygarden

3. Lachlan

Lachlan Junior Member

Thanks for the welcome Lovingmygarden...
    Yes, this location is a permaculture paradise.. with hundreds of like-minded people living around the hills. Situated in the Mt Warning caldera with fantastic soil and rainfall. It is difficult to grasp that Australia is suffering drought while everything here is lush and green and thriving. Age and illhealth require a total rethink of lifestyle now. Am wondering if it is feasible to either sell, or maybe even exchange, this property for an ordinary suburban house and land. I would prefer this place to be passed on to genuine ecofriendly creative energetic people who can make it flourish.
    Happy gardening at Ayr
    Lachlan

4. gemjill

gemjill Junior Member

G'day
    sounds like you have a lovely place, have you thought about getting in WOOFER's to help develope your property?
    Or possibility of have someone camp or live there rent free in return for work?
    There may be other solutions than having to move
    hope you work something out
    cheers

5. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

And of course there's still plenty you can do in suburbia to have a permaculture system on a smaller scale. Don't despair - there'll be something that is right for you and manageable.