New Book: SHIFT: Indigenous Principles for Corporate Change

Discussion in 'Permaculture consultants, businesses, resources' started by adiantum, Mar 14, 2014.

1. adiantum

adiantum Junior Member

2. pebble

pebble Junior Member

Climate:
    Inland maritime/hot/dry/frosty
    That's a video not a book.

3. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    "the true value is not profit, but the legacy left behind" (my attempt to quote the author from memory).

This idea is self-evident, once we as humans begin to lift our gaze from immediate self-absorbed gratification to the continuity of our interactions with the planet and all it's inhabitants.

4. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I saw a good friend off this earth today. Passed away too young at 54 from a brain tumour. He didn't leave much money behind, but boy what a legacy. So many lives touched by his generous spirit.

5. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Oh honey ... I'm so .... sorry? Hard to know what to say in this situation ... you know ... given that it's been expected & was the inevitable outcome & all : (
    I'm sorry for a precious life ended so soon, & for the sadness of those left behind to grieve.
    I'm thankful for his generous spirit, that lives on in the lives of those he inspired.
    And I'm so glad he had the opportunity to transit to the next orbit in peace, surrounded by those he loved & who loved him. I wish him a safe journey.
    x

6. adiantum

adiantum Junior Member

7. adiantum

adiantum Junior Member

8. pebble

pebble Junior Member

Climate:
    Inland maritime/hot/dry/frosty
    thanks

9. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Thanks Helen - I feel very privileged to have had the opportunity to share the journey with him and his wife. If you even pick up a book on how to manage the death of a loved one, go to the chapter on how to do it the perfect way and you'll find a photo of this family. It was such an amazing recognition of how precious life is. Once he reached the final few weeks, his wife let it be known that the end was close and she put a chair next to his bed and told everyone that was the 'anything' chair. You could drop by anytime, sit in the chair and say anything you needed to. I spent an amazing evening with them and family a fews days before his death. A bunch of his friends all piled up onto his bed (he was unconscious by this stage), others on chairs around the room, listening to his favourite music, telling stories (the time he tried to make fairy floss in his mum's washing machine!) and telling rude jokes, with liberal splashes of alcohol.

I want someone to do it for me one day. I'll be pissed off if I'm parked in a nursing home surrounded by people who don't give a toss, or who remember that time when I did something stupid but funny.