Natural control of grubs in tomatoes. - Looking for recipes or ideas.

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by BlueDogsBark, Oct 19, 2003.

1. BlueDogsBark

BlueDogsBark Junior Member

G'day everybody,
    I'm having a few problems with grubs in tomatoes this year. I don't mind sharing a few but they are a bit greedy this year. The tomatoes are companion planted with basil, marigolds and celery. I have tried a garlic/soap spray but it does'nt seem to be very effective. Does anybody have other recipes or ideas that I could try?
    PS. Does anybody know if Galangal likes full sun or shady areas?
    Ta Bluedog aka David.

2. Chook Nut

Chook Nut Junior Member

Hi Dave,

Do you know what bugs they are? I only had a problem with a few slugs and that was b/c i was too lazy to stake them off the ground :p

As for Galangal, i grew mine in full sun and it developed rhizomes ok! I think the main thing there is to keep up the water. I transplanted when we moved and now gets a little shade as some of the leaves went a bit off colour, but i think they do that when they are ready to be harvested.

If you do a search on the net under galangal you should find that answer quite easily.

Hope that helps a little...

Cheers.... Dave

3. BlueDogsBark

BlueDogsBark Junior Member

Thanks Mr Chook Nut. I'll give the Galangal bit more H2O and see how it goes. I Should have been bit more specific with the tomato problem. The tomato fruit is being munched by green grubs while green and turning to mush on the inside as they grow larger. Ta, David.