my heiffer is bulling....look through the window

Discussion in 'Breeding, Raising, Feeding and Caring for Animals' started by kimbo.parker, Feb 18, 2010.

1. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

every one knows that uncomfortable thing a dog can do to your leg when you are otherwise trying to be serious;

when half a ton of heifer wants to do the same thing it is wise to stay out of the paddock...

she goes off her food on day one,,,and starts whinging,,,by day 2 she is resting her head on the back of any other bovine,,,and the whinging gets stronger....by the third day she is a seething bag of hormones that will attempt to hump any thing that moves in the paddock, and is bellowing for a fix....

bellow, bellow ,bellow.....it is quite recognisable as a bulling bellow.
    i am not sympathetic....bit of 'bitch shit' and she's too young. she is not even one yet and you may call me old fashioned but i'm not into the way the girls are today.

cheers,
    kimbo

2. mike

mike Junior Member

The return for selling beef on the hoof in the west(great southern) you' d better to butcher her yourself or get the home kill man in.I'm assuming your not a vegetarian Kimbo,even if you are you can do alternate days,every second day you can do CARNIVORE.

3. kimbo.parker

the old timers reckon 18 months before you 'd let her have the bull,,,or do AI.
    my understanding is that i can buy semen straws, shipped in liquid nitro....and if your timeing is right....slipping the straw results in a pregnancy,,voila.,,,some months later you become the proud owner of a calf.

after a couple of weeks you're away milking and that can go on for 9 months or so....9 months of milk and a nice calf from mail order semen....nifty, no?

regards,
    kimbo

4. kimbo.parker

yeah bugger all for meat mike, but some quid in a pure bred, halter broken, hand milked, jersey cow ....I paid $2,000 for pompom in calf....so now i have hef trained to halter and once she has calved once and i've trained her to hand milking,,,,,i could sell her to the same market of hobby farmer fanciers and get $2,000....
    i could never sell pom pom or hef for death as meat....these are family. I would have a serious problem selling their offspring to death as well; breach of trust....

i am 'only just' a carnivore for this reason..........i'll eat chicken though,,,,chickens shit me,,they are not my friends.

oo roo
    'k'

5. kimbo.parker

jese mike, i went back to it ( to be sure ) and you seriously suggest i eat hef..........the wife before the calf man!

6. mike

mike Junior Member

Are you going to impregnate Pompom and the heifer and then sell pompom,18 months is about right to do the deed to the heifer with your Jersey semen laden straws.

7. kimbo.parker

i will never sell pompom..........the wife and kid go before the cow....
    i love this cow........

when we get pompom and hef 'in the club' i'll maybe sell an offspring,,,,,maybe,,,,nah bullshit,,,i couldn't if hef gave birth to a little bull and i sold or ( something) that little guy; the entire farm dynamic turns to shit here;

i would have parasited myself into their family instead of being one of their family.......

if this sounds like sentimental shit that isn't a good look for a bloke on the land,,,tell me about it ( i feel like a fag ).......... ( no offence guys ).

cheers mike
    k