Muzza

Discussion in 'General chat' started by ~Tullymoor~, Nov 2, 2005.

1. ~Tullymoor~

~Tullymoor~ Junior Member

Hey Muzza, a couple of things :) on the index page in "last post" on the right, it usually has the topic heading/subject and the name of the poster of the last post. I'm only getting the poster's name, no subject.
    Also my popup blocker is blocking popups here all the time lately, just FYI. :evil:

2. murray

murray Junior Member

hey hey

>on the index page in "last post" on the right, it usually has the
    >topic heading/subject and the name of the poster of the last
    >post. I'm only getting the poster's name, no subject.

one of the shitty things about phpBB. you apply an update and nice things like that get nuked. :(

>Also my popup blocker is blocking popups here all the time
    >lately, just FY

wtf?

no, seriously. wtf.

can you give me any more information? can you not block one of the popups and see what's in it? are you sure you don't have something else going on in your system? do you have anti-virus software and some adware software that you can scan your system with? this should be a completely clean board.

m.

3. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

Yeah wtf,

Do you have a new PM, Not sure if a popup comes up when you have a new PM or not. If you are using Internet Explorer , goto TOOLS -> POPUP BLOCKER -> POPUP BLOCKER SETTINGS - ADD

In the blank space, either type in the PRI website address, or Copy before you go into the settings and paste... This will allow popup from the PRI website.

After going through my PMs just saw yours again, and I will post the CD to you today :)

4. ~Tullymoor~

OK Dan, did what you said. That action seems to me to allow this website??? OR, is it to allow the pop ups on this website so we can see what they are?
    The popup blocker is NOT blocking this site...it just does the blocking thing, with a little sound to alert me, I click the red X in the right had side and get rid of it.
    I hate talkin puters on the puter....so confusing. Anyhew, it doesn't affect anything the popup, I was just telling Muzza in case he needed/wanted to know. But in light of the fact I proddly have bugs in my system, despite AVG and Ad Aware LOL it could just be "my" problem.

5. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

Hey there Tully, I hope you are well :D

I have been getting that little window too, I just click on the little red cross that makes it disapear :? ....I'm not sure if it is something that has gotten through the firewal here at work...perhaps they are waiting to tell me off for introducing a bug in the system :oops: :lol: But I think what Murray was saying is that there are no pop up windows over this forum...I think that is why he was a little confused - is that right Murray?

Funny computers :roll:

Cheers,
    Fran.

6. ~Tullymoor~

DOH!! Should have had my thinking-time-shower before I posted back to Dan!! LMAO! What he was saying is that my system is calling a PM a popup! So when I get a PM it attempts to block it....proddly the same for you Fran, how are you by the way :D so what I should have done was left it and got Dan to send me a PM and see if it happens but I have to go to work soon and haven't got time to stuff around wiff it at the mo'

7. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

Do you get that window on any other web pages? I get it on others - even my work home page...

I hope you have an smooth working day - I'm well but very busy nearly too busy to come and play with all you guys :shock:

Take care,
    Fran.

8. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

no one is ever to busy :)

WHen the little thing comes up, does it say POPUP or does it say something about an ACTIVEX control ??

Oh it raining YAY... Mr Bamboo is going out for a drink..

Ok back.. ANyway way I'll send you a PM Fran and see if it comes up with a POPup blocker... Personally I use firefox as my internet browser as it doesn't have all the Microsoft garbage to go with it.

9. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

I'll read it properly next time it appears Dan.

Can you send some of that rain down our way please Dan. :wink:

Cheers,
    Fran.

10. murray

murray Junior Member

yes -

PMs will popup and hence will prolly get blocked by the blocking software you have. so feel free to disable it for this site -- it you WANT the PMs that is. can't stand 'em myself though.

m.