Murray the moderator, .... 'YOU PEOPLE'.. really??

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by ho-hum, Jun 18, 2006.

1. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

know what III love about this forum - at some point someone will leave a real tid-bit / gem/ that I can steal and use somewhere else - Rob Winndt - thanks for Robert Burns: Memorandum on an unidentified critic, c. 1791

very useful...

and your atavar - man! I'd have loved to have used that one myself, but I didn't have the balls..

2. Mungbeans

Mungbeans Junior Member

:p :razz: Sounds like fun.

3. Jim Bob

Jim Bob Junior Member

I go to a few forums, and I see this sort of thing a lot. Someone has a hobby horse and they'll bring that shit into every bloody discussion they can, whether it's relevant or not.

Now, every forum has its share of fruit loops. I think that's fine. If the person has a genuine interest in the topic of the forum, but just happens to be a fruit loop, well and good.

But if the person has no genuine interest in the topic of the forum, and has only signed up to spin their line of fruit-loopiness, then I say boot them out.

So for example if I think that permaculture is good, and I like it both on a gardening and a global action level, but I also think that it's good because a well-designed garden emits orgone rays and helps us breathe better the luminiferous ether, then yes I am a fruit loop. But if most of my posts are about sensible things like crop rotation and companion planting and putting back as much as we take out, and I only mention the orgone rays and ether in passing, then you can tolerate my loopiness.

But if in fact I never post anything useful or relevant, but jump into every thread babbling about the orgone and the ether, and if when people challenge me on this I respond with abuse, then plainly I am just a fruit loop with an axe to grind, and have no place in the conversation here.

For example, I hate John Howard. If he comes up in a conversation, I'll make some comment about that. But I won't bring him up in every thread I come across, because people just aren't interested. I might be loopy in my hatred of him, but it doesn't dominate my conversations.

So, we have to ask of any poster who sometimes annoys us, or who has fruit loopy ideas, "are they here for the permaculture, or are they just here to spout their loopy ideas?" Put another way,

• Does the poster contribute permaculture stuff and incidentally is a fruit loop? or,[/*:m:2zez3nbg]
    • Do they only contribute their fruit loopiness?[/*:m:2zez3nbg]

A glance at any day's posts in the forum will answer that question quite quickly.

4. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

I like Fruit loops For Breakfast with cold milk and a coffee sfterwards

am I a Fruit Loop?

Tezza

5. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

Jim Bob - I take your point, but I think I must have been born with an in-built "ignore" button which I dont actully engage officially on this forum, but seem to use constantly in "real life"...

there's a lot said and written here that ..well.. ... (including stuff by myself no doubt).

a lot of people i have instinctively "ignored" here have eventually just drifted away into the ether.. IGH may do the same, or he may stay forever -- either way - dont bother me none ... if others want to try and "read" him and engage with him, that's their choice.. but I dont think we should chuck people off here UNLESS THEY ARE POSTING ADVERTS ABOUT CONSUMER SHIT, WHICH I NOTICE ARE ON THE BOARD MOST MORINGS AND - R-E-A-L-L-Y P-I-S-S M-E O-F-F, but good ole Murray trashes them ASAP..

there -see - managed to go off on a little tangent of my own loopiness without too much provocation ...

how do we decide what is loopy and what is dialogue?

6. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

Am I a fruit loop?

Tezza, doncha go getting all Existential on us now!!!

7. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

I absolutly Love every poster in here...Ive never ever used the ignore button

I cant understand how anyone would want/need the ignore button...Heck i come here to learn everthing and anything i can..Why the heck would i wanna risk missing the most interesting thing thats ever been posted on here

..hmmmmm some people.. As for Infanite G H ..I think this bloke is a legend in his own mind 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) .....Then again arnt we all that sometimes... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Floot can be a hoot...the only person i came close to Ignoring was Bio farm ag....This nutter was a bloke.who loved stiring the shit...untill he came upon myself and chris one day......I actually felt sorry for him and asked him to forgive myself and chris....after 2 weeks he came back and then continued the Hostilitys with Rainbow farmer,over something that even my Kentish mate I G H wouldnt understand...talk about bulldust....both fighting over crap that meant nothing and actually i think they were both ignoring each other at same time .....how the hell can one argue without knowing what their arguing about.....well they both blew up at the same time and aint seen hide or hare of em since....wich is/was a pity as both had good points of veiw.well rainbow did..Bioag well i still think he had shares in roundup,as that was his most talked about subject...

Hey Heretic stop using big words on a poor dum defensless Permie...
    what is that hard word ?

Tezza

8. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

Hey Tezza, I reckon if I pause long enuf before answering your question it'll give Alex m just about enough time to jump in with one of his incredibly appropriate cross-references!

over to U, Alex!

H

9. Alex M

Alex M Junior Member

Ok, if you insist......

A few years ago I worked in a bookshop that was run by a nasty, critical, unforgiving woman. She was one tough cookie, but I soon saw the pain she was carrying, and when people asked how I put up with her I answered, "with calm and patient persistance." Nothing I can do will change anyone. I can only be responsible for my own reactions. :D

IGH reminds me of me when I was smoking too much pot and wondering why "no one understood me" (It was because I wasn't making sense, of course). Eventually, I had to climb down from the clouds and rejoin what we collectively like to call "reality." :oops:

I reckon this whole shebang is one big mirror game, and everyone is someone else's wierdo. 8)

Voltaire's Candide came to the realisation that he could change nothing, and so decided to plant a garden. :wink: https://www.pinkmonkey.com/booknotes/bar ... ndide5.asp

Cheers. :cat:

10. RobWindt

RobWindt Junior Member

"your avatar - man! I'd have loved to have used that one myself, but I didn't have the balls.."

I like to think that Nutzy and I share Mollisonian attributes, it takes an "out there" attitude to do what has to be done. :D

11. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

I hope that you don't literally take on Nutzy's "out there" attitude Rob, Nutzy can get away with it, but you may be arrested.. Hardly seems fair now does it... :lol:

12. Boab

Boab Junior Member

A person who does this is otherwise known as a 'troll'.
    Trolls have no place in a lovely forum such as this one.
    So I would agree that yes, boot them out.

Regarding avatars, I'm suddenly reminded of a familiar tune...the irony not being lost on me...

https://www.lyricsdomain.com/1/acdc/big_balls.html

13. Douglas J.E. Barnes

Douglas J.E. Barnes Junior Member

Talking about me again, Alex? :D

I spend some time not being a wanker for a few weeks like Richard says - getting dirt under my nails - and people get at each other's throats. Yikes.

OK, sometimes people say things that set us off, but like Alex says, "calm and patient persistance."

14. Greenearth

Greenearth Junior Member

why so much anger?

(laughter)

The fact is that the white mans culture, the mainstream paradygm of the 'west', is a negation of goddess consciousness/aspect (by ritual design), and cannabis, especially when used in the correct set and setting is a very powerful innvocation of the goddess, (collie/kali weed). (especially when freely shared).Again, if yuo don 't like the truth of my poetical discorse...thats you're problem matey! (by the way to try and twist/misinterprite this 'overstanding' of the western system (including the western 'way of thinking') into "oh if I don't smoke cannabis then I'm a ritual child abuser" is taboid newpaper tactics!

Have some respect.

EXODUS

15. Jim Bob

Jim Bob Junior Member

What?

16. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

they're back!

17. Jim Bob

Jim Bob Junior Member

Let's take off and nuke the site from oribit. It's the only way to be sure.

18. murray

murray Junior Member

19. christopher

christopher Junior Member

JB,

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, >breathebreathe<

:lol:

20. Alex M

Alex M Junior Member