Mulch ado about nothing...

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by ~Tullymoor~, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

:(

I had a lovely weekend - pottering in my garden, watching the turtle in our top dam, showing a friend how I construct no dig gardens and comparing notes, feeding said friend from my garden and enjoying the home grown eggs that she brought with her...

I was looking forward to getting back to work (and therefore the computer) and catching up on all the conversations that flowed in this forum while I enjoyed my weekend.

I did not expect to find people that I greatly admire so upset, disillussioned and scared to post.

It is your opinions and experiences along with your knowledge that I want to hear. Opinions and views are very important - how do people learn about alternative pathways if they are not shown, suggested or demonstrated?

I hope this storm clears soon.

Take care.

2. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

nothing is scaring me off... I'm to thicked skins to take shit from anyone, (not that I have) and normally when it is thrown at me, it bounces off just as quick...

Anyhoo, My weekend was nice. Bit pissy Friday night, hung over sat morning. Weeding, dog for walk, play lawn bowls :).. Saturday night cook "Stolly's Southern Style chicken" for friends and watch "The Feebles" again..

Sunday, walk dog along river, start planning garden for new house. Get brother to start aquiring gear for new bar and decking that he will be building over XMAS :) Read the paper, and the newsest Grass Roots.
    Play new "Age of Empires 3" (very excited about that one) go to bed... AH bugger, back to work... Talk to you lot all day as my network runs fine :thumbleft:

3. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

That was your 400th post Dan! :hello1:

It is a ptiy that not everyone can benefit from being as thicked skinned as others - I too enjoy an oiled ducks back :duckie: but I hope that we all can create an environment where everyone feels safe enough to post and share their worlds once more.

New Grass Roots? Does that mean I may just have one waiting for me at home...it is due - or are you just late in reading the last one?

Cheers,
    Fran.

Edited to fix my spelling mistake...

4. forest

forest Junior Member

Bloody hell! I looked for the new Grass Roots a couple of days ago and she said it wasn't out yet. GRrrr.

Glad you both enjoyed your weekend. I'm all for sharing opinions and ideas but overall I think that the board will evolve in a natural way. Some people will leave, others will replace them. It's all good. :)

5. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

New grass roots is out? Alright, I'm off over the road to the newsagents... :D

Meet the feebles Dan? Now thats a quality movie, up there with some of my other favourites like 'bad boy bubby' and 'the cook, the thief, his wife and her lover'..

I found AOE 3 fairly difficult first go, more so than AOE2 or AOM... :? Started a campaign on the weekend and I didn't do so well, ended up going back and changing to an easier setting.. Will be giving it a bash multiplayer tonight though and my friend is an easier opponent than the puter... :D

6. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

Ohhhhh Fran........ :( Just when I was going to ask about the THINKED skinned people.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

7. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

:lol: Sprung! :oops: :lol:

Oh you know...those people that have, umm....thinking skin... :roll: :lol:

8. psychochook

psychochook Junior Member

Seeing as we are putting down what we did on the weekend.....

I went to a new zoo that has just opened up down the road.

Anyway, we paid and went inside to find that they only had one dog in there!!!

It was a Shitzu! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(just trying to lighten this thread a bit....)

9. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

:lol: You got a laugh from me Simon!

10. Dani

Dani Junior Member

Have you tried going on the same team in AOE3 might help your friend out, Cary(boyfriend, partener, otherhalf or whatever ya wanna call him, we have been living together for 8 years but arn't married and so never know what to call each other, boyfriend and girlfriend isn't really appropriate, anyhoo) and I often play on the same team in AOE2 and gang up on the puter players, I usually wage war by sea, and he by land so it works out well :D

We have aoe3 but I havnt had a chance to play yet, hmmmm...you got me thinking now, and I have the requisit choccy that you MUST have to play aoe :evil: :D

11. forest

forest Junior Member

Bad Boy Bubby is my favourite Australian film. I also like Greenaway, Mike Leigh and David Lynch. It's great knowing other people appreciate and admire that work.

12. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

Sam and I call each other partners.. Easy.. people can take which ever way they want.

Well this will be good :) Maybe we should have a Permie game ??
    I'm just starting to beat the puter at medium.. AOE2 I haven't played for ages as I was at a stage where I could take on 7 comp players on the hardest level.. I'd win but it took near 4-5 hours to do it ..... Been playing Rise of Nations since, far better game,,, A little dissapointed that AOE3 hadn't got some of its features. Such as hit TAB an it scrolls through all the building sthat nave an update availible .. Its those little things that save so much time.

Anyone thinking of moving to NT ?? Check this place out Joel.
    https://www.bfa.com.au/index.asp?Sec_ID=92

13. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

Thanks Fran for alerting me to the fact that I have made it to 400 , well 402 including this one.... Just goes to show how busy I am at work :)

Many peoples heading off for the Xmas break ?? Me well, I'm at home this year... My OWN home YAY, first time ever. Mum is doing the "what do you need me to bring, I'll saugage rolls, pin wheels oh oh, and I'll get your Uncle to do a ham, and I'll bring some bon bons, and your fatehr will bring the wine... How man bottles?? oh oh, doesn't matter I'll just get him to get a mixed dozen and a couple slabs of melbourne? Is there anything else ??" (That was all in one brethe by the way)

I had to be very gentle here and just let her know that xmas was at my place this year, and I can look after it, how ever she can bring pin wheels and Uncle Ray picklled Ham, done in the smoker previously discussed)

Anyhoo, time to go look busy...

14. forest

forest Junior Member

Dan, how fabulous to have your first Christmas in your own home. I remember mine, many long years ago. I think that was the day I finally felt "grown up". I hope you have a wonderful day full of memories for you to cherish.

15. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

Us too Dan!!

We call one another partner and this will be our first Christmas in our own home too 8)

16. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

Oh the GR I just got was 171, with the Suburban Melbounre Family on the front... I had the PUD one for so long, and surely there was another,,, and there it was.. Got that with the latest Organic Gardener..

17. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

That's the old GR Dan...there will be a new one soon :D

18. forest

forest Junior Member

That sustainable family Roots has been out for a few weeks now.

Fran, all the best with your first Christmas too. I love rituals and milestones. This is one of the big ones. :)

19. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

This is a biggy for us Forest and every step has been very exciting. I have spend the last 18 years moving around the country, never staying in one place for more than 6-12 months (although there was one place that I stayed for 25 months - it was some sort of record :wink: ) and I do not have a family home so at 32 I'm finally setting down some roots :D and it feels wonderful.

Thank you for your kind words.

20. forest

forest Junior Member

Fran, I know how you feel. My DH and I lived in europe for a few years and when we came back with a baby and had another 12 months later, we started moving from place to place too. I was then 33.

When my boys were just leaving school, and after 22 moves, we bought this place and have stayed here ever since. It's my Nirvana (without the Kurt).

Don't forget to make (homemade, naturally) some special Christmas ornaments for your first Christmas. You'll remember this year every time you use them in the future. You have to start creating your own traditions now.