moringa oleifera - drumstick or horseradish tree - wanted

Discussion in 'Buy, sell, trade, give away & exchange' started by sabine, Dec 6, 2005.

1. sabine

sabine Junior Member

hi there,

a while back i sent out a request for moringa oleifera seeds - but this time i'd like a HEAP - 4000 or so!! so if anyone has access to that many seeds - australian or overseas, please let me know - we would buy them off you as our nursery has had a request for a large number of seedlings, and our motherstock isn't ready yet.

thanks a lot,
    sabine

2. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

Sabine, I didn't see this before... Are you still needing that quantity of seeds? I may be able to collect that many from the wastes of central Maui... Not sure the legality of mailing them to you from here, though. Let me know if you still need them. Not sure how long it would take to collect and process that many... How much would you like to pay for them? :lol:

3. sabine

sabine Junior Member

thanks for your offer Richard, its less urgent now as i've realised the red tape involved in importing them. but it still may happen so we'll just wait and see...

peace,
    sabine

4. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

https://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/bsc/jfq/2010/00000033/00000005/art00008
    https://www.rfpp.ethz.ch/fellowships/concluded_fellowships/MoringaForWaterTreatment

5. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Moringa oleifera, Lam {Syn M.pterygosperma Gaertn} usually mentioned in literature as Moringa, is a natural as well as cultivated variety of the genus Moringa belonging to family Moringaceae.It is one of the richest plant sources of Vitamins A,B {1,2,3,6,7}, C,D,E and K.
    The vital minerals present in Moringa include Calcium, Copper, Iron, Potassium, Magnesium, Manganese and Zinc.
    It has more than 40 natural anti-oxidants. Moringa has been used since 150B.C. by ancient kings and queens in their diet for mental alertness and healthy skin. The leaves, pods, seeds, gums, bark and flowers of Moringa are used in more than 80 countries {including Pakistan} to relieve mineral and vitamin deficiencies, support a healthy cardiovascular system, promote normal blood-glucose levels, neutralize free radicals {thereby reducing malignancy}, provide excellent support of the body's anit-flammatory mechanisms, enrich anemic blood and support immune system.
    It also improves eyesight, mental alertness and bone strength. It has potential benefit in malnutrition, general weakness, lactating mothers, menopause, depression and osteoporosis. It is also used to make an efficient fuel, fertilizer and livestock feed. Moringa is an edible extremely safe plant.
    Its tree could easily and cheaply be cultivated and grown in Pakistan. We need to explore therapeutic, nutritional and benefit of this gift of nature reported to be one of the world's most useful trees.

6. Fernando Pessoa

Fernando Pessoa Junior Member

Sabine I am not sure that your information on importing is correct,I have legally and illegally imported many seeds.I have found that if seeds are given with the correct botanical name and packaged correctly and are without any visible pests or disease and do not appear on customs restricted list then you shouldn,t have a problem.I am quite sure that Moringa is not restricted and providing richard can obtain clean disease free seeds it should be easier than you think.
    Best Wishes Fernando

7. matto

matto Junior Member

8. HarshKumarYadav

HarshKumarYadav New Member