More wilful ignorance

Discussion in 'News from around the damp planet' started by Grahame, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

Full story here

Does anyone know if there are any plans out there to take this government/PM to court to sue for wilful ignorance?

2. mouseinthehouse

mouseinthehouse Junior Member

Oh I so so so wish that was possible. I shared that story on FB this morning. Every morning we wake up to more of this.....I don't even have a harsh enough word in my vocab to describe it! This is what we were talking about on the other thread - it is what makes me so depressed and feeling helpless. :(

We all need to March in March if possible.

They will stop at nothing to allow exploitation and the resultant destruction of anything that can make their mates a dollar.

The only truth Abbott has spoken was:
    'we are open for business'.

I thought John Howard's government was bad but this is just beyond anything I could have imagined. :( :(

3. Stephy

Stephy Junior Member

Australia's big Sale ; everything to clear; cutting the green and red tape. Prices not to be repeated.

Honestly I am sick to the stomach of Tony Abbott.

March in March; kind of our only choice, feel so hopeless, our country is being sold from under our feet by what; a goverment that 'serves the people'

4. Terra

Terra Moderator

Terrible we have a long history of selling every thing to off shore interests , really there is very few of us in Australia it is overflowing with mineral wealth of all descriptions . We should ALL of us be filthy stinking rich , if we need a hospital sell a few diamonds and get one , humans are supposed to be bright you would think we could find a solution . We are the only creature on earth that has to have money to survive .

Excellent March in March that could go viral easily , trouble is there is 10000 subjects to pick from .

5. Stephy

Stephy Junior Member

6. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

It's terrifying beyond words. That my perception of reality is so far removed from ordinary Australians is deeply concerning to me. Either I'm insane, or most of the rest of Australia is.

Who the hell voted for this man? What were they thinking?

I feel like I don't have much choice but to begin participating in assertive action. I'm thinking about just shutting the door here & joining the protest camp at The Pilliga. At this point I feel like practicing permaculture in ones own little slice of paradise is nowhere near enough to be doing. If there is no habitable planet, there is no permaculture : /

7. mouseinthehouse

I agree helenlee - it IS terrifying. I also have a hard time comprehending why so many people do not understand what is happening and/or do not care. One only has to do the bare modicum of following world events....connect the dots....to see that we are already in very big trouble and industrial civilisation is faltering. Yet hundreds of millions of people have not the slightest idea.

8. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

I HEARD it on the radio today because I was in the car ... normally I only read the news on the net. But today I HEARD him say:

"We don't support, as a Government and as a Coalition, further lock-ups of our forests. We just don't support it,"

"We have quite enough national parks. We have quite enough locked up forests already. In fact, in an important respect, we have too much locked up forest.

WHAT????
    WTF???
    I dunno why, but hearing him say it has had an effect like reading it wouldn't have.
    It's had an amazing effect on me ... I am fighting mad ... I am foaming at the mouth mad.
    I don't understand ... I can not fathom what is going on.
    What I like to call "The Emperors New Clothes Syndrome" has reached epidemic proportions. Man the life boats - this ship is sinking fast & we're gunna be in the icy water very, very soon.
    I am very afraid.
    And my soul is aching for this dying planet.

9. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Via Paul Joseph's page of fb:

OK folks here it is, The Statement of Purpose for the March in March gatherings around Australia during the March 15 through 17 weekend. A hand calligraphy copy will be handed to Parliament at the Canberra March on the 17, details about that as they come to hand The idea is to circumvent the questions about focus of purpose while also outlining some of the areas of major concern with the Governments actions. It is a short summation of our concern and our lack of confidence. Please help by disseminating this document everywhere you can. We realize that each person may have thoughts on how it could be worded. There is simply no time now to make adjustments. This needs to go to press!

A Statement of No Confidence in the Abbott Government
    From The People of Australia
    Let it be known, and entered into the public record, that on this day, Monday 17 March 2014, the People of Australia delivered this document to the Parliament of Australia.

This document is a “Statement of No Confidence” in the Liberal National Party Coalition Government and is tendered on behalf of the many thousands of people around the nation who marched in rallies and protests on the 15, 16 and 17 March 2014.

The people express their profound dissatisfaction with actions of the Liberal National Party Coalition Government and the Prime Minister of Australia, Tony Abbott, during their term in office.

This document asserts that many decisions made within this Government’s term in office have already resulted in, and will continue to result in, great damage to Australia's economy, to our social structure, to the deterioration of our country’s international public image and to further devastation of our natural environment and our Heritage listed sites.

The people protest at a great number of policies and decisions being implemented by the Liberal National Party Coalition Government which are in denial of the best interests and image of our nation and an affront to the common good.

This document affirms the public dissatisfaction with policies that are incompatible with our international moral and legal responsibilities and to our way of life as a compassionate and caring people.

The social democracy that represents the very fabric of Australian ideology requires that the Government govern for the common good of all its people.

We believe that decisions have been made in our name which are unfair, lacking in integrity, costly and divisive.

We, the people of Australia, call upon the Government to recognise this Statement of No Confidence.

10. mouseinthehouse

I am just now talking on FB with a friend from South Africa. He told me to check out what our Australian mining companies are destroying in their country with their government's blessing. It is an illness this greed; this grasping for the last remaining fossil fuel energy; the desperate competition to extract mineral wealth regardless of what environmental cost it entails. Not to mention the land grabbing going on for arable soil, water and mineral resource that is throwing poor peasant farmers off their lands in order to exploit resources for people in other countries whilst the politicians live high on the kick backs. This is happening all over the developing world.

I have no way to make sense of any of it either.

I am also afraid.

11. mouseinthehouse

Bravo.

12. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Word.

13. songbird

songbird Senior Member

gardening, reading, etc
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    -15C-35C, 10cm rain/mo, clay, full sun, K-G Dfa=x=Dfb
    wow, sad... i hope this makes an impact somehow.

14. mouseinthehouse

Just found out there is an anti-fracking Lock the Gate protest in Mt. Gambier at 11 am on Saturday. We were going to the city on Saturday morning anyway - number two son will be with us. We'll be at this rally with bells on. The Lock the Gate property signs will be for sale, so one will proudly be on our gate come Saturday afternoon. Will feel good to actually do something.

15. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Good for you. Get a sign for the back of your vehicle as well. For $5.00 - its excellent & super cheap advertising.

16. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member