Making a career out of it

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by Zephyr, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Zephyr

Zephyr Guest

Hello everyone. I grew up in a self sufficient household inasfar as food growing and small animal keeping was concerned and, keen to change my career, have recently become interested in undertaking some courses in permaculture. This year I am hoping to take on a Cert III Permaculture which incorporates a PDC.

My reasons for doing this are to get in touch with something I've lost. Having spent the last 13 years in an office environment I'm keen to get outside. But other than that, I'm a blank slate.

Well actually I'm just blank :D

I would love to own my own business (having spent the majority of my working life running someone else's) and the thought of growing plants for commercial purposes has cropped up (was that a pun? I hope not :D) but other than that, I'm just wondering:

What have you all done?

2. bazman

bazman Junior Member

Hi Zephyr

You might try posting this in the Permaculture chat as you will get more replies.

Me, I still do the office work, but now do it from home, spend the travel time in the garden instead of a car/bus or train.

Add some details to your profile so people here can see where you are from.

3. Zephyr

Zephyr Guest

Hmm...considering this is a jobs forum and career is directly relational to employment, I thought I was posting in the appropriate forum :)

But it's alright. I've since met some amazing people and have been sufficiently clued up enough to get a direction and it's full speed ahead.

Cheers!

4. Mozzie

Mozzie Junior Member

Good luck, Zephyr!