Hi Gargun, I guess this is really more questions, than it is an answer... but may be worth factoring in. When maggots are swallowed whole, I would not imagine they would actually die immediately would they? While I imagine their life is limited while confined to the digestive system, could it be possible that they actually continue to eat internal tissue, bacteria etc. while in the digestive system? Clearly - small doses of this have had no negative effects on chooks, and may even be beneficial in addressing bacteria within the system - BUT - if maggots were to become a regular part of the diet, would it be a case of "too much of anything does harm"? This would need a study, I think. And the only way to do that, is to do it and measure the results. Are you able to set up a separate pen with the Hotel Maggot in it, and use a sample of your chooks experimentally? I would also be interested to see if any positive results were found by 'treating' any unwell chooks with a spell in the Hotel Maggot pen. I think your idea is really sound - and the potential for a cure for such diseases like Mad Cow and other digestive diseases may actually be staring you in the face! Go for it Gargun - give it a whirl and record your results. I'd love to read them.