lopcal group down south

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by lillypilly, Jul 25, 2005.

?

lopcal group down south

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lillypilly

lillypilly Junior Member

there is no local permaculture group near albany demark mt barker. would people down here be into it??? im a member of a gardening group which has started this year with over 40 members, they are all very differnt to me but have good ideas but most aren't in to the pemaculure natural ways of gardening. dont you think a local group using the perth perth group stuff be good down here.

i copyed this from there web site. the addreess is https://au.geocities.com/permaculturewest/

The main roles of a local group are to support and provide assistance for local permaculturist. In metropolitan areas the local group can provide locally relevant services for its members. In country areas the local group might also provide some of the services which are at present only available at PAWA meetings, such as the seed bank and library. Some activities which existing local groups provide for their members are:

Giving expertise to each other
    Meetings at each other's properties
    Exchanges of seeds and plant material
    Assisting each other with work
    Sharing transport
    Social activities
    Lending books to each other
    Lobbying Shire and City councils
    Running field days
    Organising courses
    Learning new skills
    :)

2. lillypilly

lillypilly Junior Member

arrrrrrrrrrrrrr my typing sorry every one. the key board and the screen are too far apart to see the typing errors( i think its time to get the eye looked at again)>... :oops: . sorry again..

3. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Permie Interest

Yes I Wish To be considered for a chance to meet with other Permies through out the South west of West Oz..
    May I also sugest maybe a way for our far flung cousins to participate also
    we have this ready built web collection going nicley now.
    I know others allready who may participate with us also.IThink this a marvelous idea as im a frustrated Permie with 17 yrs messing about with Permaculture 8) I moved to the country 8 yrs ago and am desperate to meet others.If We can get 6 or more I know a Lady near Albany who is accredited and can teach us Permaculture Courses (unfortunatly I dont know of 5 others who would commit to the cost and time,)to bring her To Broomehill but she sounds Willing to help in most areas close to her.
    Ok So lets get together some time we could swap ideas and share our thoughts and Visit each others Houses.....
    Yours Excitedly
    Tezza