lOOKING FOR ASSISTANCE

Discussion in 'Permaculture Groups, Contacts Activities Anounceme' started by missf, Dec 24, 2012.

1. missf

missf Junior Member

Farmer
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Dry
    as we are presently trying to set up and plant our newly earthworked three quarter of an acre of swales.
    so there is a lot of planning and planting to do .
    if you are looking to put some time to great productive use. Now is your chance to assist in a worthwhile project.Food and board available. Hope to hear from you.

2. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

What do you need Missf? A planner to help make plans, an experienced machinery operator to drive an excavator, manual labour to dig holes or all of the above?

3. missf

missf Junior Member

Farmer
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Dry
    whatever someone wants to offer

As i clhave big plans to get a permie group and demo farm in the area

4. Jalex

Jalex Junior Member

missf, do you have anymore details about this other than you need help.
    Like location and details about the type of work that will be involved in your project?
    A.L Duncan

5. missf

missf Junior Member

Farmer
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Dry
    planting swales, composting,. green manuring, planting seeds, most gardening work

6. Jalex

Jalex Junior Member

helpers with no money...

Missf, sounds interesting, I have little prior experience in permaculture and I do not have my PDC, but the things you are doing I would love to learn, I am from Canada. My wife and I have been looking for some place to go for a while now in which we can help a project to gain more knowledge.

We currently do not have the finances to get to Australia but we are surely interested.
    A.L

7. Tree hugger

Tree hugger Junior Member

Hi missf :)

I was reading your post and replies, and it looks like people are keen for detailed info re what you request help with. I know that the wwoofer site asks that would-be hosts be quite clear about what it is they are asking for help with. I guess the reason for that is two-fold... 1, to be clear in yourself of what your plans are and that you have the wherewithall, and 2, to let would-be helpers know what sort of experiences they will get out of it, and what new skills they might leave with. The reason i picked up on this is because I want to start taking in wwoofers, but I am not yet clear about exactly what we'd like help with, other than brush-cutting :))), and have not yet figured out what skills we'll be offering our wwoofers. Happy gardening :).

8. missf

missf Junior Member

Farmer
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Dry
    ok
    I find myself wondering if people understand what planting swales means after your explanation
    so I will make a list of things i think of as i go
    planting seeds
    weeding,chipping
    mulching,composting
    some irrigation
    green tea composting

other farm jobs are brushcutting for composting,
    some other misdemeanours depending on peoples skills and health levels
    i usually make those decisions upon meeting the person and speaking with them and observing their enthusiasm level as well as their skills level and their desire level in creating something.
    The latter being how I work with people. i work with them based on where their head is, their health is, their skills are and their desire to create is

9. Tree hugger

Tree hugger Junior Member

Oh... I somehow missed your second post where you were more clear re exactly what people were being asked to help with... sorry... Your new list is very clear :). I understand your position regarding getting to know people and assessing their skills base and head space, though. :) Best wishes with it all.