Lablab legume for sale

Discussion in 'Buy, sell, trade, give away & exchange' started by sun burn, Nov 12, 2010.

1. sun burn

sun burn Junior Member

I just picked up 25kg of lablab and innoculant. I suppose i wouldn't need more than 10kg so if anyone wants some, preferably not less than in 5kg lots. I can post you some.

The bag and innoculent cost me $63 so I'd sell it for a fraction of that per weight. If you know what i mean. plus postage.

https://www.ehow.com/how_2064432_identify-lablab-vine.html description and i find out its edible too. Though you have to prepare it properly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyacinth_bean

Now that i've found you can make bean dishes like dals and curries it doesn't really matter that much if i don't sell it all although it will probably take me a long time to eat it all. But if anyone does want some feel free to ask.

Googling has lots of info on it.

2. Fernando Pessoa

Fernando Pessoa Junior Member

Dear God,you are going to have rampant bio mass invade your every nook and cranny,it's a great all rounder.Could you tell me the species of bacteria they supplied with the seed?
    Thanks
    Fernando Pessoa

3. sun burn

sun burn Junior Member

Are you worried for me? I will check on the bacteria. What is bio mass? Do you have any tips for me. I hadn't planned to grow lablab on trellises so i hope this stuff will grow ok on the ground too.

It will be pretty won't it? Normally during the wet its just long grass that invades every nook and cranny.

The chickens and duck will like eating it too won't they? I know the seeds is poisonous before cooking but i am not sure if htat applies to the animals. I guess it will given its cyanide so i better pick them quickly if the children don't know about it in their genes.

4. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Biomass = lots of green stuff. I haven't grown lab lab, but I did try rice bean last year, and loofahs. Both turned out to be "rampant biomass"! The rice bean escaped the trellis and headed off as a ground cover. It dropped seed everywhere before I realized and it looks like my 3 plants will turn into 50 this year... But this time I'm ready to use it well. As soon as it gets to knee high I'm going to cut it right back and toss it to the chooks and keep doing it so it can't set seed. There is no such things as a weed!

5. sun burn

sun burn Junior Member

Cheers eco. Well if that's what biomass is i think that's good. After a bit you should chop lablab for mulch. I think i can do it twice before allowing the seeds to set. The thing is all my reading was about the bushy variety which would have been easier to manage. But hey, i guess this means i can use lablab instead of sweet potato everywhere. I do hope it grows ok on the ground as well. I know it prefers to climb and it will probably attack all my trees. I might let it have a go at some for the spectacle. ....Well this is going to be an interesting experiment I am sure. And challenging. ....Perhaps i better figure out a way to contain it so it doesn't grow up my new little bushes and over the top of orchids and such. ...Perhaps I better phone up the seed supply mob and discuss it with them.

6. sun burn

sun burn Junior Member

If what i say is correct about nitrogen (in another post), wouldn't it be good to let my lablab or some beans say grow on the ground in the vegie patch adn then slash them every now and again. I do hope these things will grow along the ground. I guess I will find out soon enough. I hope they won't be trying to grow up and over every tree and plant in its path. If it is inclined to do that, would slashing be enough to keep it in check. I mean would this work. If this is a good idea, I will also put them around my citrus and well everything.

Starting to think i put this thread in the wrong place. I almost couldn't find it.

7. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I think the nature of the beast is such that it will grow over and up anything in it's path. If you are vigilant you should be able chop it back when it gets close to your trees. Both the root mass and the green tops will contribute nitrogen. So for best effect use it where you want to plant your veges later, but if that isn't practical make a big compost pile from the choppings where you are putting the vege patch instead.

8. sun burn

sun burn Junior Member

Yes I think i will not plant it with my vegies. I think theyd lose the competition by the sounds of it.