Just when you think you have seen it all...there is this

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by HoneydaleFarm, Oct 28, 2005.

1. HoneydaleFarm

HoneydaleFarm Junior Member

2. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Being an EX born there done that brigade>i think its great.They only have small garden in uk bugger all in a lot of places but yep,pity its a flu panic on eh..

Did you notice the breeding ? 8) Tam?
    If they have chooks,they may become tommorows permie.

Tezza

Yeah i know the ads corny as heck,and plastic etc if ya wanna find things, but yeah good on em,

Glad it wasnt a American idea,

3. barely run

barely run Junior Member

350 pounds what's that in aussie dollars.....my 6 chook..chook tractor cost $185 for materials. How do the chooks go in those ground cages....they can't roost. Might be any opportunity there for someone to import into Aust or make an ozzie version.
    Someone certaily needs to make a kit version of the chook tractor...would sell well through Grass Roots/Earth Garden etc.
    Cathy

4. Scott A. Meister

Scott A. Meister Junior Member

Oh...I get it!

So THAT's how they decided to profit from the rejected prototype i-mac monitors! :lol:

5. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

You should've patented your breeding Tezza!

Having been married to one, and having been decended by one, I'm aware that most pommy kids grow up with some sort of pets/animals, whether it be a dog, chook, rabbit, hampster, or bird. Even if their backyard's really tiny, they can still manage to fit in a couple of chooks or a rabbit hutch. The Aussie trend thesedays, in those revolting new designer housing estates, are breeding a whole new type of kid who'll never know what it is to share their life with a pet. Some of those housing estates won't even allow residents to keep or dog. (or for that matter, design their garden to their own liking. The garden plans need to be submitted with the building permit application!!!)

Sad, isn't it?

Tam

6. Sly712

Sly712 Junior Member

Approx $850!!!! I was lazy and got my chooks and shed from https://www.rentachook.com.au for $430.....but I must admit it is a very cool chook house. :lol:

7. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Oh well good to see the idea spreading around.

Though at $30 each I can Give ya 3 Hens to keep.

I understand about the housing developements my mum has moved recently into a Village homes sorta place.eg Lotsa small kit type houses all together with just a couple roads in/out mostly for the oldies at my mums place..Its nice ,they seam happy(not really)..

I was taken by the concept 15 years ago when i was looking for a community /eco housing etc set up.Great concept. But in my mind, buggered up by greed from the land owners,the fees they pay.after buying the house are huge,ya can rent allmost, for their weekly fees etc..

I think these organisations prey on the cash filled dumb oldies.$200,000.
    for house and $100 odd maintanence...dont get me wrong But when i sussed it out 15 yrs ago was different ,not many of em up n running,

My plan was to have 1 road in 1 road out ,everything else run using Permie principles etc etc.....These are that, but no vegetation,well what is is manicured tiny lawns and sick looking plants.their maintanence guy shaves the lawn.There are no trees or bushes for shade or wind protection,just little houses,all spotlessly clean and simuler looking, no life as most hide indoors or are out,no privacy in their garden areas..

Tezza.

8. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

I was thinking more of Delfin and Caroline Springs etc (here in Vic). The young families on the adds say 'we've got everything we need right here'. The kids have to play in the park cos there's no backyard. Kindas, schools, playgrounds, etc, all included in the design of things. Huge McMansions all bunched together with those revolting over stated front entrances. Designer housing estates. When you apply to the council for your town planning permits etc, they require applications also to see what you're going to do with your front garden. If it's not in style with the neighbourhood, they won't allow it. You know, the Grizwolds type thing, at christmas time they all have their houses in lights and their gardens all consist of box hedge, conifers, prefab retaining walls and a few standard icebergs.

9. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

Double post, sorry guys.

10. Lolly

Lolly Junior Member

11. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

The word I forgot to use was 'INSTANT' when referring to their gardens.

Tam