Is the censure still around ?

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Pablo MENDEZ, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Pablo MENDEZ

Pablo MENDEZ New Member

Climate:
    No specific climate
    tpd.png tpd2.png Hi everyone ! I hope that everything is going on the right path for any of you that is reading this comment, but here, I’m actually sad.

May I tell you the story.

I’m a permaculture rookie, I was studying journalism in Argentina when it got me. My cousin started to talk about permaculture (He’s got his PDC, so the talks where more like courses!). So I started to read, look videos (on youtube, permaculturenews.org, etc) and everything made sense. Every video that I watched made sense, every article that i read made senses.

But the further i “studied” the more questions came to my mind: “Why isn’t permaculture more talked about?”, “Why is Sepp Holzer with such governmental problems ?”, etc... To those questions I can get that, as it is a different way to proceed the legislation may not be adapted and therefor it could look like it’s illegal (even if I don’t agree a single bit with it). But my real preoccupation started only a few hours ago when I was trying to get Takao Furuno’s book: “The power of duck” after I read this article. I clicked on the link to buy it here, on this website, but the link was down (give it a try: https://permaculturenews.org/shop/books/power-duck/).
    I’m a 24 years old guy, even if I’m no Bill Gates o Mark Zuckerberg, that knows how to find something on internet. And my first surprise was to find that the available places to buy that book (like amazon) are selling it a the accessible price of 780$ for the US amazon and 1’140€ for the french one. That news hit me like Tyson’s uppercut but, HEY, I know my stuff i’ll try to find it directly on the editors website, where I had the good surprise to find it at the price of 40 AUS$. Wow great !! I’ll buy it directly, no questions ask, the credit card in hand I tried and tried until I got tired, the website is on “maintenance”, second uppercut (it starts to hurt).
    But still not K.O I thought that I tried all the legally allowed ways to buy it, now I have to see if there is any other ways, well here is the answer : NO. You won’t find that book.

Now this is my question, why can't I find a book about cultivating food the right way when I can buy a phone made by underpaid (if paid) children workers ?

Could we please all team up to stop this hidden censure or at least try to show it to all ?

Thanks for taking the time of reading this topic !

PS : If I am wrong on any point, please correct me. Also, if anyone has a way to find the said book (relic?) please let me know.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  2. mischief

mischief Senior Member

s/e
    Climate:
    Cool mountain
    Nah mate, its not censure, just stupid sh..stuff that happens on the internet.
    There is heaps of info available, its just a matter of working your way through it to find what it is that you need to know.
    The Book depository UK has a ery wide selection of new and used books as do Ebay, Betterbooks and Abe's books. I regularly trawl through them looking for treasures. I am sure there are other places as well.

You can m ake use of the mem,bers systum forum to wite about your own journey in permaculture, along with the rest of us.
    I would love to hear what you are doing