Introducing Me

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by Quje, Oct 11, 2005.

1. christopher

christopher Junior Member

Glad you enjoyed that. The technology is open source3, so help yourself, share with others :lol: . That thread was just troo, jiucy? delicious?ah, interesting!, yeah too interesting to die, be eaten by maggots and be fed to chooks. So I revived it.

C

2. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

Not to mention the wild parties we attend!

Tam

3. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

I'm staying well away from this topic, it opens a whole can of worms (or maggots)...

We can theorise all day long about what is going to happen, about how human beings may be evolving or adapting, and about how society is affecting us as a species... Or........ We can just do our best to do the right thing as permaculturalists.

We can tell anyone who wishes to listen about what we're doing, but there aint no point in pushing it at people who don't want to listen.. And there aint no point in losing sleep over whether we are going to lose our little toes as a species through evolution.

I think I have been reading too much Fukuoka, about the budist monks who have the theory of 'Mu', or nothingness.. There is no point in anything much except living a good life, and doing right by all things... Except I think they spent a lot of time praying to Budah as well... :?

Tezza, pieceing together Nostradamus's quatrains is a little like trying to do a jigsaw when all of the pieces are plain squares, and they are all white... It can be put together in many different ways and each one seems correct..... This was his quatrain that people were claiming was the prophesy of the 9-11 attacks.

In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
    Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb",
    The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

- Nostradamus 1654

Now in the 300 odd years since he wrote that, there have been countless situations where people could claim that it fitted...

In fact I remember a while back when I was having a fight with my brother on a stormy night in Adelaide. Man, the kitchen caught fire and mum and dad started argueing like it was world war three, but luckily the fortress endured, I mean the house didn't burn down..... Wow, nostrodamus predicted tht day would happen....... :D

What fish do you want Tezza.

Joel

4. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

Here's what I do all day. :lol:

The view from my computer!

[​IMG]

Not bad hey!

Tam

5. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

Damn you Tam....... So you just sit and look at that all day.......?????? :? :? :? :?

6. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

So my husband'd have you think! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But as soon as my baby daughter's off to sleep, I'm out the door like a shot cos you've got to grab those opportunities when you can.

Mind you, I'm getting pretty good at balancing her on my lap, keeping her grasping hands just out of reach of the keyboard.

3yolds son's computer's just to the right of mine so between riding his bike around the verandah, playing in his sandpit, watching tv and playing on the computer, I still get to pretty much do what I want as I can supervise most from here! :D

Gets pretty cold on those mid winter nights though with the louvre windows all round!

Tam

7. frosty

frosty Junior Member

I know it is "fashionable" in John Howards Australia to "bash" people on welfare

but I do hope people here dont sink to that level :cry:

some of us are disabled and have no choice and nor did my husband who gave up his well paid job to be my carer

and the aged deserve their pension after working all their lives

frosty ( pensioner or bludger depending on your point of view :evil: )

8. Lolly

Lolly Junior Member

Dear Frosty... I am also a pensioner, and I am also not a bludger. I pay no heed to "boxes", as I know my self-worth, as I am sure you do too.. and your dear husband's as well.. :D :D

9. Quje

Quje Junior Member

Sorry Frosty I didn't mean to offend with my post :oops: :?

I know alot from first hand experience through my work (work for a job network member) the centrelink system and have to deal with solving clients payment stuff ups all the time.

I don't mean to 'bash' people on welfare but I do think that there is alot of scrutiney towards the wrong type of payments and actions on centrelinks behalf.

My job (as I see it) is not to get people into work, but to catch out people that are working and not declaring to C/Link, ie double dipping. Unfortunately this is the case for 70% of my case load. This may seam a high number, but bear in mind that I live in an area where the main sorce of employment is seasonal work (and alot of it!). So they get paid cash to keep the contractors employment costs down, therefore enabling him/her to get more contracts. Except for the baby boomers cruzing around in their caravans, they work very hard and are very honest even if they do get cash :shock:

Then we have people that have genuine cases for swapping over to a carer's pension (one of my clients a mth ago) or have a disability and we (client and case manager) are made to jump through hoops to try and make this happen. It seams to me that they make it way too hard for the wrong people. :evil:

10. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

There is absolutly no way there should be any body unemplyed in this day.Its mans gread that keeps others outa work.They whinge and complain about an aging work force.. who between the company and insurence companys are forcing people onto welfare. because of there desire to not have to cover workers comp.If a person is unlucky enough to get injured, caused by work they should be covered,rehabilitated and back to work,But no thats too effing easy,Its an absolute disgrace how the average worker is treated.society is screaming out for help ,schools ,children,aged carers,dissability carers,with shortages in just about every service in life..
    Yet if you drive along any main road near any city and youl see thousands and thousands of cars full of single drivers just driving around. Doesnt anyone work any more.......Ill tell you my story wich is nothing compared to other poor buggers so im not complaining.3 yrs ago i injured my back att an lamb proccesing plant(slaughterhouse) . This (choke)reputuble west oz run co, op was run by west oz farmers under the wa government..

Its like a reverse racism, its like a tiwaneeze sweat shop, only here in wa.
    and the slave drivers are Non aussie arrogent (words can not adiqatly describe)suck holing parasites who give less then two F*(&sS about you,verbally harasing you making racist remarkvsetc etc. The company allways cheat on their hygene standards ALLWAYS,They lie n cheat about the everything todo with safety,hygene,and workers rights..Its that hard for them to atrct workers because the whole town has ben working at least once and left,NO one will work for them..They employ, oops Bribe foreign
    ex detainees,because no one else is desperate enough to stay,they treat them like even worse shit than the ozzies,because even the foreinger bosses are racist scumbags...beat that racists working for racists,helping racists.Theyve had more unfair dismissal cases then anyone at all.99% fail
    due to some subclause or other slowing it down...they wear you out with lawers,quacks,and other sundry bullshit.or people get desperte and leave so as to try and carry on somewhere else,still carrying injuries.then get all depressed or suicidle when ,no ne will give em a job,,(why) because there
    suffering an injury.or the new compny notices this in your application form, because you have to tel th truth bout your health etc etc..So you end up in a visious circle of being unfit for work,un wanted by any company, because your inability to work... In a small town everone knows everyone
    there arnt any realitic jobs to do so your on the scrap heap at 49..and umemployable for life .....Even government courses who say theres no barriers to work (,ha ha ha ha excuse my sic laughing..) are unable to find asnythin cause the government dont want you either........Where do you go next??
    Do you realise how soul destroying it is to go beging for a job knowing that if you actually got it youd lose it by time you filled out the company paperwork or tried to actually work,they find out you lied and then your sacked.......why bother?Have tried volentering my services..on shire etc there not interested either .It cost to insure you whilst your working for nothing, and they wont,cant pay that, cause budgets dont allow for those sort of things.and because no one volenteeres anymore its unheard of for people to work for nothing.......work that out!!!!!!!!!Eventually after 2 whole years of stuff arsing around, the dole offer you a disability pension.

You know ya hit rock bottom when the government cant get you a job via the government...........
    I had 2 choices slash my wrists or say thanks very much..
    I said ta very much...I hate being on this kinda life at 51,great hours but not much money lol.plenty time to play with my garden....At least i dont have to worry so much...
    I think its a national disgrace were crying out for workers,gunna have to import some poor down trodden guys ,treat them like shit,put more ozzies on dole ,because there desperate they work or nothing almost in desperation...What A FU$%^&G stupid cuntry we have here.only half have jobs and 99% hate it.. the other half hate their lives,every where were workers short....Cant even get a job as a lollypop person.they phased that out over here....crying out for landcarers,crying out for teachers,nurses,doctors,tradesperson, You name the job theres a shortage of workers Governments dont care about People......just emselves and the people who put em in power.Big buisness......

BUT i hear you ask??????????

Theres a reason this happens........It gives them something to hide what their really doing, and thats ripping off the planet getting rich and letting you stress out and go crazy,hang ya self etc etc....But thats ok they probly got shares in the funeral buisness and shares in anti depressants..Dying is a healthy buisness for some....The Unemployed do more for their country then the rich bastards do (dont mention bondy please) every dollor i get is spent on keeping the cycle going...rich ones save,store,hoard their money or put into some offshore scheme... The.poor buggers its usually gone before they get it...

Do you realise that al the soory ways we feel for certain poeople in our lives.Is designed to make us forget whats really going on on this planet...if you dont understand that bit your not meant to. thats how it works :lol: :lol: there all distracions all designed to confuse or overwhelm and make people find something new to dislike or hate about our fellow humans...

Now if the government was run on a Lets scheme or simuler that would change a few things............why are the new aussie heros rich yanks on multi million dollar salarys selling off our telephone system can anyone explain that to dumb dumb me please....

Time to go now....beore i start getting carried away

Yes i know of the double dippers, im no saying doleys are perfect but thats the c/link for not checking ive heard of lots doing that p/t,cashies but where do they learn all these dispicable concepts from .....Society!!

Tezza

11. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

Hey Frosty,

As Tezza said, GREED drives people.

Where ever you have money involved, you will get the honest and the dishonest. Bagging the welfare CHEATS is in no way (and I'm sure I speak for many here) aimed against genuine cases like yours and your husbands. You've explained your situation and I'm certain everyone would agree that SOMEONE needs to be ACCOUNTABLE. You need to be able to live and if that involves being dependent on a carer, so be it.

BUT, where ever there's money, you'll always get greedy thieving cheats. One of our mothers group ladies is a 22 year old single mother receiving the pension. Her 1st pregnancy was an accident (O MO GOD, HOW'DAT HAPPEN?) and the second was planned, with the same partner which I might add, she's engaged to, and has been living with since her 1st child was 3 months old.

They have a Pentium 4, each have their camera phone, have foxtell, she has her nails done every 3 weeks, is a member of a gym and leaves her child in childcare twice a week, while she goes shopping. She also drives around in a BRAND NEW CAR! On top of the pension, she receives the maximum allowable family assistance payments part A and part B, pays concessional rates on her utilities, prescription, bulk billling for medical, rent assistance, etc, etc, etc, AND SHE'S A CHEAT!

When she mentioned once that she was looking at buying such'n'such, I mentioned to her that they had one at one of our local recycle shops. She rolled her eyes and stated disgustedly that she won't cloth her child in someone else's castoffs.

Then there's my cousin (bless her), she's not what I'd call a cheat, just plain dumb! She keeps having these kids, and never thinks past the first 6 months. (as Rainbow Farmer said, anyone who's had a child knows how expensive it is) She's what you'd call a 'repeat offender' that the taxpayer's supporting.

8 years ago, I took a package from the government after 12 years. It was the normal 2 weeks pay for every year of service, tax free, but the real carrot was that they would allow me to take my superannuation contributions, plus the employer component, plus the interest. I might add that this is money that I'm rightly entitled to!

Some of the older employees taking packages chose to roll the amount over as they were nearing retirement age anyway, and didn't want to be slapped the marginal tax rate. I on the other hand chose to take the money now, to use as a deposit on our first home. That year, I incurred a $38,800 tax bill and a 2,500 medicare levy bill!

Since starting our family and being on one income, we have struggled. This month alone, we've barely made our mortgage repayment. We receive NO concessions, are running 1 car, paying off our 1 and only very modest house and everytime I or ask the doctor to bulk billed, I'm told only if we've got a health care card!

We recently had to buy a CPAP machine for my husband's sleep apnoea and once again, received no assistance. We're practical, and found one second hand at $800, but we didn't have $800 and once again had to borrow the money.

I want to enrol my child into kinder next year and have to find $50 to secure his name. I don't have it. I don't go to the hairdresser, or shop for clothes. All my kids clothes come are bought at the op shops or on eBay, but they don't have that many anyway. And my car's fuel tank is leaking petrol and we can't afford to get it fixed.

My husband might be considered a middle income earner, and is taxed accordingly, but he's supporting a family of 4 on that income. Statistics are based on households deriving 2 such incomes. Apart from receiving a small amount of family allowance (the old child endowment) we get NOTHING more!

Then there's my elderly friend who's husband worked and paid taxes all his life, and centerlink can't wait to cut her pension. They told her she'll have to move. She wants to stay put for the sake of her chooks. And she's been waiting 5 weeks for someone from home help to come and mow her lawn. It's disgusting how we treat our elderly.

So Frosty, my comments are definitely NOT directed a you or people in your situation who are GENUINE cases. They are directed at deliberate cheats and bludgers sponging the system for everything they can get.

Tezza, my last job was at a physio, and one of our patients fell down an elevator shaft onto his head, in the course of his work. To date, he hasn't received a payout. The insurance companies keep saying that he hasn't sustained serious enough injuries. He's become a hermit, suffers depression, has physical scarring, and brain damage.

Another of my friends, a copper, was struck by a car whilst attending to a driver of another car she'd stopped over over 10 years ago. She hasn't received a payout either. Now they're saying her injuries aren't as a result of the accident. She's my age. Had her knee and arm smashed, fractured skull, smashed cheek bones, lost most of her teeth and had lacerations to her face which have scarred quite badly. Apart from the physio and initial medical bills, she's received NOTHING in the way of compensation.

I'd like to see the payments to go to those who genuinely qualify, and I'd like to see more encouragement for families struggling on one income not taking up the employment place of another needy jobseeker. I want to raise my own children, at least until school age. I don't want to put them in childcare for someone else to raise while I go out to work, wasting resources in the course of, just to make ends meet.

People on low incomes complained about the recent tax breaks for middle income earners. We're entitled to tax breaks, we've been paying the majority of taxes for years now and even with the introduction of GST, received no reduction in our PAYE tax until this year. (or so they say - I'll wait to see how it works out in this year's income tax return - cos in the past it's always been give with the left hand while taking with the right)

There is a difference between TAX break, and WELFARE payment and I don't think anyone should be resented for expecting either, when rightly entitled to it.

Tam

12. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Wheres my hanky.....

The trouble is the truth is is subject to whos telling the story firstly....

This is what i mean hers another example of the shit we have to put up with while we put up with the other crap.....

Old Bill once...probly more times really, nominated him self as an Emperor

Well hell still get my vote .....who wants a king queen or govenour or even little johnny(shudder) People ask why after 35 yers in oz i dont become an Ozzie .......well sorry you dinky die ozzies ....There is absolutly no FFING way would i swear (other then normaslluy) aleigence to that 4 eyed wanker who is now the sic sic sic leader...(who never left home till h was in mid 30s) I was born in uk and no way would i have blair either ......As for the Bonsai kid well he can go F&**^%#^&(& himself too.....

Better stop before i upset me old mate Sir Murrey of Bulliten Board

Tezza

13. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

One thing i find very strange about little Johny and his frustratingly long term at the helm of Australia... Of all the people I know, only one person has ever voted for him, or at least admitted to voting for him, so where are all these people who voted for him..??.. I guess I don't hang out in the right places, or in the right circles... Phew, luckily....

One thing Tezza, I guess you can't vote here in Aus if your not officially Aussie??? Is that right? Coz I hope that you would get in there and make your opinion count at voting time.... :D

14. christopher

christopher Junior Member

No, really Tezza, go ahead, share your real feelings. Don't hold back.

15. Penny

Penny Junior Member

From each according to their abillity to each according to their needs!

16. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

Hey, this is becoming like Big Brother.

Tezza, stick some masking tape on your mouth and a sign on your t-shirt and refuse to say anything.

Tam

17. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

If only the world worked that way Penny....

18. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

Just getting back to those babies and the population requirements in Australia - thought this may be of interest...

From Crikey.com.au

Cheers,
    Fran.

19. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

Here here.......!!!!! :D

Thats an interesting web site.....

20. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

ITS ok i was granted permanant residency back in 1970 have been back to uk for 2 years was allowed back in ok (thank god)im still ok by centre link as well. I do vote, Joel fisherman.have allways voted and tried to be an ecemptly citizen.....I voted labour untill the early 80s then Greens since
    then..My preferences have leant towards the Natural Law party when theres been a candidate nominated...The preference voting is a scam and untrustworthy ..and am really looking forwards to our next erection for west oz to take advantage of the 1 vote 1 value....thats gotta be better..

Masking tape might control my mouth but not my brain sorry tam.just like tulls ...its not "why bother" with me,.its, "i cant sit here doing nothing" syndrome

just the way it is.....

Tezza