Input from Farmers about Broadacre Permaculture

Discussion in 'Forum Info and Questions' started by Wendi Bellows, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Wendi Bellows

Wendi Bellows Junior Member

Hello, I am new to this forum and very happy to be here! I am currently a graduate student at the University of Florida in the Interdisciplinary Ecology Doctoral program.

My dissertation research focuses on the barriers to farmer adoption of broadacre Permaculture and I am very interested in hearing from folks (especially farmers who have been inspired by Permaculture) about their experiences. I have a few specific questions in mind for those interested in participating to drive our discussion:

Why do you think Permaculture principles, practices and strategies still remain on the fringe of mainstream farming in the United States and Australia?

What drove you as a farmer to adopt Permaculture on your farm?

c. What have been the main barriers to using Permaculture on your farm?

d. What benefits did you expect when you first adopted Permaculture?

e. What benefits did you actually realize?

f. Why do you think that permaculture has not been disseminated to a wider population of farmers?

g. How do you think that dissemination of permaculture can reach a wider audience of farmers?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! I plan to conduct interviews and observations on Permaculture-inspired farms in the US and Australia and your input will help me to frame my research questions!

THANKS!
    Wendi