Informed Decisions about the "ups and downs" of septic tank trenches !

Discussion in 'Environmental and Health Professionals Interested' started by Callum EHO, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Callum EHO

Callum EHO Junior Member

Wastewater dispersal trenches gradually decay over time and reduce their dispersal capacity due to microbilological, chemical and root clogging, system damage, climatic conditions and system maintenance.

How do we get across to residents with a chart how their system will vary in its capacity to manage wastewater and what can be done to help this ?

2. sun burn

sun burn Junior Member

This is not what you want to hear but we've got a septic tank. Its been in place for over 20 years and we haven't had any problems with it. Undoubtedly there are roots growing in it.

The only problem i remember was when there were four of us using it and we had a lot of rain and then it didn't seem to cope so well.

With regard to your chart, perhaps you could do it like a family tree and having all the branches showing the different possibilities. And because some will have more than one problem, then you just put in an arrow from one to the other. But it sounds good in my head, i am not sure if there would be other difficulties when trying to do it on paper.

3. Callum EHO

Callum EHO Junior Member