In grave danger of falling food @ Global gardener

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by grease, Sep 27, 2005.

1. grease

grease Junior Member

These 2 briliant videos are currently out of production, but if you wish to see them back in circulation at a reasonable price you should phone 220 productions in Sydney at 02 969 02566 . This the organisation who owns the rights to and if given the incentive, the means to re-produce them again. So Permaculture people get on to it. Permaculture is as much about growing things as it is about networking, so spread the word far and wide to ring this company and get these brilliant resources back in circulation. We owe it to ourselves and to our world to get these brilliant resources back in circulation.

2. ~Tullymoor~

~Tullymoor~ Junior Member

3. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

Inspector Tullmoor............ :glasses1: :D

4. grease

grease Junior Member

In grave danger of falling foo @ Global gardener

Friend Tullymoor, antenae are good things to possess and you have seen right through my ruse. I was acting for my own benefit. If you do ring 220 productions (and I hope you do ) you can ask for me but I don't work there.
    I am currently completing a course in CertIV in Assessment and Workplace Training and as the final assessment have to design promote and deliver an hour lecture on a subject of my choosing. I could (and it would be easier) conduct it on wound healing ( I'm an RN working in a surgical ward) but this didn't excite me and I thought to myself why not take the opportunity to expand my colleagues knowledge in the area of permaculture, you never know they may start practising at least some aspects of it. I have several resources but the 2 videos would make the lecture go so much better (there is no better salesman than Bill Mollison himself). So where to get them?
    I had a brainstorm on Friday. I had discovered a site on the internet that I had joined the previous month so I thought I would ask these likeminded people if they knew of where I could get these videos(I asked for 'In grave danger of falling food' as I had forgotten about 'Global gardener').
    Tully, Mate, you were kind enough to research and suggest a way to find the videos and I took your advice and e-mailed old aunty ABC. Aunty e-mailed me on monday. I tried the number they provided for 220 productions (you must have the number in the e-mail Aunty sent you) but they had moved. So with a bit of sleuthing I finally caught up with them (him) on Tuesday morning and He (forgotten his name already) told me that he had the rights to the 2 videos but cost preventd him from reproducing them.I argued that there was a market and all he had to do was put them back in circulation. He argued that the videos hadn't done well before because the permaculture fraternity had pirated them.
    I appologise for not getting back to you but I had nothing concrete or positive to contribute to the discussion untill yesturday. My other excuse is I have beeen on night duty since Saturday.
    My purpose for the forum message posted yesturday was as I have said mostly selfish, but the strategy was the same as yours when you said we should all e-mail Aunty ABC as "they might dig it out of archives".
    But then again I could be hatching a cunning plan to relieve you of your hard earned cash. Tezza who has both the videos said "we need more and more made", Maybe Tezza should pirate them. I myself, other than trying to encourage everyone to ring up and get these videos put back in circulation for new generations of permaulturists am looking for someone who has access to the local TAFE as I know they had a copy 10 years ago (I'd like my own copy though).
    I'm off to bed (it's 0850hours[nightshif is such a wonderful thing])I hope this answers some of your questions Tullymoor, Please though, phone 220 productions and ask for me (and the videos), and encourage everyone else to do the same.

5. ~Tullymoor~

6. grease

grease Junior Member

In grave danger of falling food@ Global gardener

Brilliant , I reckon it would be heaps better and much more ineresting to do the lecture on something not everyone is into ( better for me to talk on something that inspires me more than the physiology of wound healing). Bovine artificial insemination definitely fills the bill. Jullian Russell is the owner of 220 productions, He e-mailed me yesturday and said he had had some interest shown in the videos over recent weeks and would look into it next week. So hears hopng.

7. ~Tullymoor~

8. grease

grease Junior Member

In grave danger of falling food @ Global gardener

My aim as I have stated was purely selfish. To get these videos back in circulation so I could buy a copy. Also getting these videos back into circulation would be of benefit to young and old permaculturists alike ,But you've got me thinking that I'm to sneaky to have these altruistic thoughts. But then again I could be setting this up so I can make a tidy profit, what other reason could there be? Yours in permaculture Michael :D

9. ~Tullymoor~

10. grease

grease Junior Member

In grave danger of falling food@ Gobal gardener

What other reasons other than profit crossed your mind Tullymoor?

11. grease

grease Junior Member

Re: In grave danger of falling food @ Global gardener