I think I know that bloke!

Discussion in 'General chat' started by helenlee, Jan 8, 2014.

1. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Humanity, as explained by
    Life of Brian:

Brian: "Look, you've got it all wrong - You don't need to follow me, you don't need to follow anybody; you've just got to think for yourselves... you are all individuals!"
    Crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Brian: "You are all different!"
    Crowd: "Yes, we're all different!"
    Random guy at the back: "I'm not!"
    [Random guy shooshed by the crowd]

(Borrowed from sammyjopeters signature line - thank you ) :)

I read this the morning & it caught my attention. I think I know the random bloke at the back of the crowd!
    I'm glad there are still some minds that are free & not shooshed by the mob.
    That's what I come here for - for the sheer pleasure of rolling around in those minds :)
    Lets celebrate ALL of them, & cherish our differences. As Terra said - it'd be a sad old world if Collingwood always won :)

2. Terra

Terra Moderator

I come here to soak in the diversity nice to see Sammy again lots of interesting people , bumped the recycle thread and had a scratch in there and of course others we havnt seen for awhile .

I hardly ever watch the footy now the suits have rooned it , toooo much politics and making money money money to drive the endless growth of the machine , I often wonder how many "Suits" are feeding of the machine they should get real jobs that produce something . Oops derailed the thread already . 8)

3. Tildesam

Tildesam Junior Member

Web Developer
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Warm Temperate (Diggers Cold Zone 10, Hot Zone 4-6)
    Lets celebrate the suits too - at the risk of sounding overly buddhisty - because everybody regardless of their context wants to be happy.

See Terra I put it back on the rails! Toot toot goes the thread train! LOL

P.S I'm probably a suit as well but let's leave that flame-war for another thread, shall we?

4. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

I'm happy to apply the same knowing that understands "there are no weeds" to people too. Or os kimbo recently put it: "Everything is Beautiful in it's own way." :)

5. Terra

Terra Moderator

Yep the "Other Thread" is a bit deep for me , as in way outa my depth and im pretty tall , what I see happening there is pure "Opposition Reflex" .