How to make permaculture a popular movement.

Discussion in 'General chat' started by sun burn, Apr 2, 2011.

1. mischief

mischief Senior Member

s/e
    Climate:
    Cool mountain
    I've noticed that in an NZ mag- the weekend gardener, that they have had articles on permaculture or people with permaculture gardens.
    They had one article that went into detail what the principles and ethics of permaculture were and the most recent one was on a lady who is using Lindas chook dome system.
    So the message is getting out there and I think people are getting more and more interested in how to have food that is not contaminated with whatever.
    Sunburn werent you interested in doing articles in your local paper?
    Its a matter of telling people what you are doing and how its going.
    Nobody expects perfection especially not when they know you are new at it, as I personally have found.

I also wonder how many people are out there who are just doing it after hearing about it that We never hear about.

2. Lumbuck Thornton

Lumbuck Thornton Junior Member

The reality is that eventually the rest of the community will come on board because the unsustainable alternatives will start to run out.
    It does not mean we have to stand around waiting and we have to work on better ways of winning people over and providing better support for permaculture.
    In general permaculture is well hidden to many people because of the remote and more rural locations however things like community gardens are starting to change this.
    I think with a few more improvements to permaculture it will break into the mainstream pretty soon.