How to fix Biolytix

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Spaceout, Jan 13, 2013.

1. GregBrown

GregBrown New Member

Climate:
    hot cold nsw weather
    Hi I would also like a pdf copy of this as i have the same issues it would be so appreciated send to [email protected] thanks in advance

2. Lu1

Lu1 New Member

Climate:
    South Gippsland Victoria
    Hi I'm new to this forum and like so many others have a system that is failing, the tank keeps filling with water and although the pump is running it doesn't always pump the excess water out through the drainage pipes I have read that a PDF document is going around on rebuilding the system if anyone can send that on to me I would greatly appreciate it email [email protected], and if anyone knows of someone in the south Victoria that does maintenance on these systems there name and number would be great too
    Thanks Lindy

3. D.D.D

D.D.D New Member

Climate:
    Sunshine Coast, Qld
    Hi there. What a relief to find this forum. Seems that I am also the unlucky recipient of a home with a Biolytix system. I would really appreciate Dennis' PDF article with pics to [email protected]. Does anyone know of any repairers on the Sunshine Coast QLD? Would be really grateful for anyone's assistance. This is not something I could do myself at all. Thanks, Anna

4. AndrewR

AndrewR New Member

Climate:
    Albury
    Hi we also have a Biolytix System and thankfully have also just found this forum. Dennis if you could email me the same PDF article with pictures to [email protected].

Thanks Andrew

5. garry shepherd

garry shepherd New Member

Climate:
    temperate
    hi - new to this forum too and my bioltix has failed after 8 years - so a pretty good run. typically the tank would fill up with little water in the pump well - pump dead - no worries - had it pumped out but full again overnight with no usage from the house. strange. local plumber who services these things had no clues. Ended up pulling everything out of the tank (what fun !!) and completely emptying the tank with my trusty onga fire pump - completely empty last night - this morning a couple of feet of water !!! - no input from the house. - tank not cracked or holed that i could see - what i did notice was water coming in from the outlet pipe at the bottom side wall of the tank - the inspection pipe that runs up the outside of the tank near the control box on some models - i think there is an outlet to an aggie drain halfway up so water can overflow out this pipe if the pump fails - but after heavy rain here i think water is running into the tank from the drain - not out. I will dig down around the pipe and see if i can see what the problem is - maybe the fitting is cracked or broken. ideally i would like to rebuild the tank using maybe shadecloth or geotech - does anyone know if all the onionbag short aggie pipe bits should be empty or were some of them prefilled with a medium of some kind ?? - some of mine are empty while other all completely full !! any other advice on a amateur rebuild would be appreciated. thanks.

6. garry shepherd

Climate:
    temperate
    Hi Cynthia - i was wondering if you could send me the pdf to my email [email protected] my system has failed -burnt out pump due to sand and water gettting in through a cracked fitting on the overflow inspection pipe - long story but i have pulled out all the bags and will rebuild it myself - thanks !!! - is yours now up and running ??

7. garry shepherd

Climate:
    temperate
    Hi LU1 - did you sort out you problems ??

8. Bruce Burton

Bruce Burton New Member

Climate:
    Hi All, am having similar problems to the above. Would greatly appreciate the pdf to my email please [email protected] . Many thanks

9. Jude

Jude New Member

Climate:
    subtropical
    Bought a property 3 months ago with the biolytix system and already having big problems. Would really appreciate a copy of pdf. email [email protected]

10. mischief

mischief Senior Member

s/e
    Climate:
    Cool mountain
    Wow! What alot of people with the same problem system.
    Hope you all manage to get it sorted.

11. songbird

songbird Senior Member

gardening, reading, etc
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    -15C-35C, 10cm rain/mo, clay, full sun, K-G Dfa=x=Dfb
    dry compost system is looking pretty good in comparison
    to any other in terms of expense, water use and having a
    useful return.

Jude likes this.
  12. Spaceout

Spaceout New Member

Hi, Since I wrote that "unnamed" article about Biolytix problems a couple of years ago, lots has happened. It is clear now that every Biolytix system will fail. This is due to inherent design faults. The four options you have are 1. Rebuild. This is about $8-9000. It is not quite the same as original - many improvements in membranes, larger blower and more aeration etc. 2. Replace with another ATU or AWTS (depending on which state you live in). Think $15-17000. 3. Convert Biolytix to standard septics. Tank can be changed into a septic tank and you need to install leach drains etc. Maybe $8-10000. 4. Ditto No 3 but install a Rootzone reedbed system. In this way you keep dripline irrigation. Not approved in every state. Still going to cost you $15-17000. Unfortunately we are in WA, and can only rebuild systems here (we have done twenty and counting). However we can email people some info to help them understand issues. There is some info already on our webpage. email - [email protected]. Good luck, Ross

9anda1f likes this.
  13. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Thank you for posting this update Ross. As you've encountered (and seen in the numerous posts here) the Biolytix systems are problematic. As your company is limited in range to WA, it is very generous of you to post your initial article plus the information downloads on your website ... above and beyond to offer email further info!
    For those involved with failing Biolytix systems, it appears to me that the initial information Ross posted (post number 1 of this thread) in conjunction with his most recent post plus the information/photos contained in the downloads available here: https://www.waterinstallations.com/biolytix-systems (at the bottom of the page). might be enough to perform some repairs of your system if you can do a bit of engineering yourselves. As Ross says, "good luck" with your attempts.

14. John beasy

John beasy New Member

Climate:
    Tropical
    Hi is it possible for someone to email me the PDFs & photos for rebuilding the biolytic sewage system .
    Thanks in advance
    John Beasy
    Jasbeasy@bigpond .com.au

15. JuP

JuP New Member

Climate:
    cold temperate
    Hi
    Would it be possible for someone to send me the PDF with photos on the rebuild. After 7 years of perfectly working it seem mine is now at the stage were I might have to clean and rebuild Thanks Jurgen
    [email protected]

16. JuP

JuP New Member

Climate:
    cold temperate
  17. Helen Bates

Helen Bates New Member

Climate:
    Tropical
    Hi Have just stumbled on this Biolytix forum. North Queenland 8 years old. So far so good. Is the link for the PDF available please?

18. Don Keelan

Don Keelan New Member

Climate:
    South west Western Australia
    Hi DENNIS,
    I realise this is an old post but I have a new problem.
    I would be grateful for a copy of the full PDF that you mentioned in this forum.
    If any other members have a copy I can be contacted at - [email protected]
    Many thanks to all.
    Cheers
    Don

19. Errol Foster

Errol Foster New Member

Climate:
    hunter valley in land from coast 100 kilometres
    Hi
    I'm Errol from the Hunter Valley in NSW. We have been living here for 8 yrs and using the Biolytix system all that time and it has not given any problems until now it keeps tripping the RCD. The company that services it was part of the original company so they have plenty of experiance with them. they suggested run it with no RCD as he tested everything and it was all within tolerance and I was wondering if anyone has suggestions
    Thanks
    Errol

20. Graeme

Graeme New Member

Climate:
    Hot summer cool winter

Hi Dennis,

I’m not sure whether you still have the PDF but if you do I would appreciate a copy.

I live on Kangaroo Island SA. We have 2 Biolytix systems, one at our tourist accommodation and one at our residence. They have been installed for 12 and 10 years respectively and have serviced us well, until now. I believe the pump has failed on one and the Geofabric is probably clogged up and the irrigation systems needs a rebuild due to being root bound. We don’t have a qualified Biolytix service agent on KI so I will be attempting to rebuild myself.

This forum has provided an excellent description on how to repair/rebuild.

Regards,

Graeme
    [email protected]