How do you make a post a sticky?

Discussion in 'Forum Info and Questions' started by Holmgren Design Services, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Holmgren Design Services

Holmgren Design Services Junior Member

Hi there
    I would like to post a sticky about an upcoming course in September, but I can't seem to work out how to make a post sticky... Could someone please let me know how you do this?
    Thanks heaps
    Liz
    Admin for Holmgren Design Services

2. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

We are not fond of new members making their first post a sticky.

3. Holmgren Design Services

Oh ok, well thanks anyway, just came across the option that stickies are possible, and (I thought) recommended for things like courses on at a certain date, when reading through the "New Forum Members Start Here" thread, and thought it was an appropriate way to post info about a course so that it is available for a certain time, and then goes away when no longer relevant. I will post the info as a normal post instead.

4. PeterFD

PeterFD Junior Member

Hi Holmgren Design Services

Are you the same Holmgren Design Services that represents the view of David Holmgren, cofounder of permaculture?

If this is the case, may I respectfully suggest that Michaelangelica affords you this small service, in view of the immense service you have afforded humanity?

5. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I'd like to second that.

6. PeterFD

PeterFD Junior Member

Hi eco4560

Can I further indulge your patience and suggest you download a copy of Davids “Essence of Permaculture”, free of charge, and post your views? If we really are going to save the world, this is the first small step!

Many thanks,

Peter

7. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I have a personally autographed copy of the full book Peter and have devoured it just recently.

8. PeterFD

PeterFD Junior Member

Hi eco4560

I realise now that you have already posted as a person with a full copy of Holmgren’s work. In my defence I can only offer the extreme temperatures, 38C +, the fact that I must ensure that my goatherd eats during the evening/night, and its now 4 am French time.

Can you forgive me?

We need every good-hearted soul with us.

Peter

9. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Give your goats an extra helping of food for me. I wish I had the room for goats....

10. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

G'day Liz

Welcome to the PRI Forum.

It is very exciting to have a representative of Holmgren Design Services deciding to join us here at the Forum. We (well personally, I) live for the day that David (Su, or any of the 'crew') may find the time to add to the various discussions.

Perhaps if you could find the time (on behalf of Holmgren Design Services) to briefly introduce yourself and the broader work of David, Su, Family, Friends and Community in the 'Introduce Yourself Here' section of the Forum, this would surely add weight to your argument for a 'sticky' (of which I am fully supportive) with regards to David's upcoming intensive.

Once again, glad you could join us, I look forward to the day when David can find the time to do the same, and all the best to you and those that join you in Hepburn for the course.

Cheerio, Mark.

11. PeterFD

PeterFD Junior Member

Hi David and Sue ………. go for it!!

OK, Michaelangelica, you want me to beg, ok, I’m on my knees, please give these people a chance!!

Hi David, hi Sue. I know I’ve raised some issues on the forum. However, I am convince that you’re big enough, strong enough, and have the intellectual capacity to enter into the spirit of debate!

There is a feeling, and I know that you will, by instinct disagree, that Geof and Bill have sold-out.

You have something to say David and Sue, so tell us before its it’s too late.

We have spoken before, concerning your case study and Pathways. However, once we have a revenue in September, I will be in contact.

David and Sue, at this moment, we stand upon the fulcrum! Will you not join us?

Peter

12. Holmgren Design Services

Hi folks
    Thanks for your posts. Michaelangelica has kindly added the course to the forum calendar following my post about it under "Jobs, projects, courses, training..." so people can find it on there as well. For those who are not so far away from Hepburn please see the info on the calendar or in the other section of the forum "Jobs, projects..." in case you are interested in attending. :)
    I had previously thought of putting something in "Introduce yourself here" but got stuck with where to start so had to have more time to think about it! But I will have a go at putting something there now to introduce myself and HDS...
    Best wishes
    Liz

13. Holmgren Design Services

Finally belatedly put up that introduction that I said I would... Took a while sorry! Hard to know where to start and what to say... Anyway, just thought I'd mention it's up here since I mentioned here I was going to...