how did you get to where you are today?

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by makehumusnotwar, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Benn

Benn Junior Member

Ok, I'll give this a bash, if anyone is still interested in the topic...
    I studied environmental science at Wollongong uni. Had fun and found it interesting, but got to the end of it and realised that wasn't quite it.
    A mate was into permaculture, and we chatted a bit about it, but i wasn't fully convinced. I spent a year teaching in a rural uni in Cambodia, reading the manual my friend had given me. I got frustrated at spending 4 years at uni, and comming out with virtually no practical skills and no knowledge that would help these people.
    This got me thinking of practical, sustainable solutions. After moving around a bit, I did a PDC with Geoff at Diversity Farm. Liked it so much I hung around for months - met heaps of amazing people (also studied at the Temple of Nothing, with Al, but thats another story... :geek: ).
    I got a job in Gladstone (Qld) from there. Moved up just over a year ago and have been on a steep learning curve ever since.
    I want to get more experience implementing and maintaining perma systems, and eventually travel around the world with it.

Thanks for the forum. It helps recharge my batteries. Sometimes its hard to see the greenies for the smokestacks in Gladstone.
    Cheers,
    Benn