"housesitting" in Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by marley339, Apr 29, 2008.

1. marley339

marley339 Junior Member

Hi everybody,

I live and work at a small agroecology farm/learning center in Guanacaste Costa Rica run by my dad. I have a very simple house site in the forest behind my dad's farm where I have been trying to live simply and as sustainably as possible. I would like to find someone or two people that are "permaculturally inclined" to live at my place for about 7 months while I am visiting family in California. There would not be very much that needs to be taken care of but I just want someone living there that cares about permaculture and can water a couple of trees during the dry season. This "housesitter" should be motivated to plug into projects at my dad's center: gardening, agroforestry, nursery work, erosion control, ecological construction and more. You do not need to be an ecology/gardening/permaculture expert, but of course experience would be great.

The name of my dad's place is El Centro Verde and the site is elcentroverde.org (the site is not all accurate but you get the basic idea.)

I will be at the farm until mid August at which point I hope that I will have someone who can live there. Ideally they would be able to come at the beginning of August so that they can get used to everything.

There are lots of benefits to this opportunity. A chance to live very simply (no running water, electricity, gas stoves.) A chance to practice solar cooking, and cooking with firewood, carrying water and collecting it from the roof, composting humanure . Lots of food production, and agroecological innovation, also my dad is trying to start an ecodevelopment. 30 minute bike ride from amazing beaches and rich estuary.

please contact me if you are interested

[email protected]

2. MERCER

MERCER New Member

Re: "housesitting" in Costa Rica

hello
    i am very interested. we are a couple in late 40's and are very interested in your request. we have been gardening for some years but in canada.
    we are looking to move to costa rica someday.
    loking forward to hearing from you.
    thanks
    https://[email protected]

3. tpverde

tpverde Guest

Re: "housesitting" in Costa Rica

Hi,

I came across this post while perusing the possibilities of plugging into the permaculture phenomenon on a more sustained basis.

The name sounds familiar, have we crossed paths in a drier time of year.

har har