Holmgren and Heinberg-Permaculture and Peak Oil. (Brisbane)

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by PULSE, Aug 10, 2006.

1. PULSE

PULSE Junior Member

Here's one you guys won't want to miss, get on it soon because tickets are selling fast, like cheap petrol. Hope you all can make it.
    Permaculture Guru David Holmgren and Richard Heinberg are giving a talk explaining the issues and opportunities from the coming end of cheap energy.
    This special one night only event is being hosted by Northey Street City Farm. Tickets are available online VIA the NSCF web page.
    https://www.northeystreetcityfarm.org.au/

2. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

I like your signiture about what Bill has to say..

Permaculture isnt about just about growing vegatables

Well done Bill and Pulse...

Great name Pulse reminds me of a great afternoon i had yesterday listening/watching a Pink Floyd DVD coincedently ...PULSE

Tezza

3. PULSE

PULSE Junior Member

Good on yer Tezza! I like some Pink Floyd myself now and again, I did'nt take my name from them though. I took it from the pattern of intermitant energy flows.
    Bill Mollison...what a legend eh? Its a pity he can't make it to Brisbane as well. Ive never met him, but from what I've heard of Bill he is very passionate duiring his rousing public speaches,and can upset some people with his strong language.
    The H&H leacture is a bit far for you eh Tezza!? Like one of my favourite Pink Floyd tunes goes "Wish You Were Here"! I'm going to see if I can record the leacture.If I'm succesful I might give you a copy,since your a top bloke.
    Anyone else wants a copy, it'll be $20. So you might as well pull your finger out and buy a ticket. Chances to get valuble information like this does'nt come around to often :!:

4. PULSE

PULSE Junior Member

Only one week to go!!
    Is anyone from this forum going? :?

5. Ramon

Ramon Junior Member

They are doing one in Melbourne (as well as other cities) too, I can't make it to the main session, but I willl go tho the discussion at Federation Square, and if anyone would like to help by "distilling the key understandings" from the main talk here, I'd be most obliged.

Info/dates/links at https://www.holmgren.com.au/

6. PULSE

PULSE Junior Member

*BUMP*

7. Jez

Jez Junior Member

8. Jez

Jez Junior Member

Just to compliment the Holmgren interview, here is the other half of the speaking tour - Richard Heinberg - speaking on Radio National's Late Night Live show hosted by Phillip Adams. Just a warning for those on dial-up, the download file is 25MB - about a 90 min download @ 56K.

(click here for MP3 download or to listen online)

Heinberg comes into the show about 25 minutes in.

Hopefully this will allow those not able to attend to have a good idea of the issues covered.

9. Jez

Jez Junior Member