Hi from Washington State

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by dogkahuna, Aug 16, 2015.

1. dogkahuna

dogkahuna Junior Member

Greetings permaculture brothers and sisters! My wife and I are new land-stewards and look forward to sharing information on this site. Our 5-acre plot is half wooded and half park-like lawn and plantings. We have a small existing orchard (apples, pear, Asian pear, cherries, plums, berry bushes) and tons of wild berries (blackberries, currants, huckleberries, salal, salmonberries, etc.) We are installing: an annual garden, metal roof on house, additional fruit and nut trees and a greenhouse. Next up will be: chickens working soil, in-greenhouse aquaponics, a pond, additional greenhouses and many perennial vegetables.

We're also seeking like-minded permaculturists to join us on our land, and that will be another post. Cheers!

Kelley Starr likes this.
  2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hello dogkahuna from another Washingtonian!
    Sometimes I miss the west side of the state with all of the abundance and greenery (and water). I can see an image of your place in my mind.
    Sounds like you're off to a great start, looking forward to hearing more about your projects.

Kelley Starr likes this.
  3. dogkahuna

dogkahuna Junior Member

Hi Nine! You must be east of the Cascades somewhere? How is wildfire season treating you?

4. Kelley Starr

Kelley Starr New Member

I sit at desk waiting to go home and grow things.
    Climate:
    Zone 6, Inland Northwest, high plains
    I am from Western Washington and have lived between Cheney and Spokane for four years. I miss the lushness and salt water over there, but there is much to love here too!