Hi from Sydney

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by peejay, Nov 10, 2009.

1. peejay

peejay Junior Member

I recently moved from a lovely country acreage, where I had a large permaculture garden which I created myself over 10 years. I now find myself in a town house in inner city Sydney, with a postage size courtyard. I am, however, north facing and have a small garden bed which houses my kitchen garden. It is a very difficult adjustment to downsize, but I am making the best of it I can, with the occasional feeling of loss for my former garden. I am passionate about the need for useful garden space, no matter how small, in the inner city region. Even vertical gardens are an option !

Cheers Peejay.

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Re: Hi from Sydney

Welcome Peejay,

Urban Permaculture is becoming a big thing here in the states. You'll have plenty of opportunity to practice all you've learned in your courtyard and balcony while serving as an inspiration to your neighbors. I'm predicting that you're moving into a new role as teacher and mentor!

Bill

3. gemjill

gemjill Junior Member

Re: Hi from Sydney

G'day and welcome to the forum
    Great that your passion isn't diminished by the size of your block. There is definitely a bit of a groundswell in cities towards community gardens and guerilla gardening etc, so hopefully you won't be alone
    cheers