Hi from Gippsland, Victoria

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by marnsred, Apr 1, 2010.

1. marnsred

marnsred New Member

I joined this site to access all that great information about a subject very close to me....sustainability! I am loving reading all the threads and have already discovered so much information on many subjects. My husband and I are about to build our new home which will be completely off grid and once we undertake our plan for a permaculture garden on our 10 acres, we will be well on our way to a much happier and healthier life. Look forward to learning much more. Regards, Marnsred

2. kerrip

kerrip Junior Member

Hi Marnsred

Welcome to the PRI forum. Where abouts in Gippsland are you going to build? We almost bought a property in Stradbroke (near Sale) but couldn't get finance because it was over 100 acres. This probably turned out to be a godsend really.

We have just bought a property, it's near Maryborough which is in the Goldfields region. Its about 35 acres with lots of bush, some clearings and a couple of good dams. We are also going completly off grid so I'd love to swap notes with you about how you are going to do it. It is such an adventure.

We are in the process of moving into the current house which is 2 transportables joined together. We will be completely in by next Saturday. OMG what a stressful time it is just packing up everything. We have a two storey house and a garage that is solidly packed with s**t that we need to move and nowhere to put it all on the new property. There is only a couple of little garden sheds there at the moment. So its lots of tip runs for us at the moment. But hey it will be worth it in the end.

I really look forward to following your journey, so please keep us up to date on everything.

Kerri

3. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Hi welcome to the forums.:)

Glad you have found them helpfull.
    Sometimes it is difficult to sift out the nuggets of wisdom from the rest!

We have a few members around your neck of the woods.

What are you building your house out of?

4. Kardella

Kardella Junior Member

Hi marnsred,

My wife and I are also having a house built in Gippsland (in our case, 16 acres in Kardella Sth) and are looking forward to 'getting stuck into it'. Our planning for a permaculture farm has been taking form over the last two years but we're still making changes! The Forum has been (and will continue to be) a good source of information for us, and no doubt for you. We're also tapping into advice and information from our neighbours and others in the area - comprising city escapees as well as long term country folk.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Regards,

Kardella