Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Damien Moon, May 14, 2012.

1. Damien Moon

Damien Moon New Member

Hi my name is Damien, and I have recently (april '12) completed a PDC permaculture design course, which was great! I have a landscape gardening business on the gold coast in QLD, and love nothing more than experimenting with plants and systems to see what works and try and receive more harvest with less ongoing work! I am trying to brainstorm ideas to generate some work planning fruit tree gardens and permaculture inspired gardens here on the Gold Coast, but so far I haven't had much luck. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas of ways that I could connect with people, or even local government or sustainable minded developers, I would love to hear! Also any community or people who love to grow fruit trees in the sub tropics. I currently have about 18 fruit trees on a urban block, and i think I could squeeze in more! Would like to know peoples experience with their fruit trees here to learn more and maybe create a knowledge resource or something of the like. :)
    Damien

2. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

3. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

G'day Damien

Welcome to the PRI Forum.

According to the GCCC website, there are '35 Council-owned community centres' spread across the Gold Coast. Why don't you study each one in order to see if there are some untapped opportunities to develop 'permaculture inspired [community] gardens'?

Cheerio, Markos.

4. Palasis

Palasis Junior Member

Hi Damien,
    I was just directed to your post in april last year by ecodharmamark. I've just completed my PDC and i'm doing a natural building course in thailand now. I'd also love nothing more than to start a community garden. Finding council land to grow a forest would be amazing aswell. I'd also thought of building peoples garden beds for them but i thought that a landscape gardener would be great to work alongside.
    If you still need any help i have a stepping stone which is a following of people from GCCC cooking demo's (i'm a chef) and i'm heavily putting my services out there for my return to Oz. This could be useful. Council workshops are amazing for getting yourself out there and pay quite well.
    Anyway , I look forward to hearing from you.
    Palasis