Help me identify a tree.

Discussion in 'Put Your Questions to the Experts!' started by Gardener1973, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Gardener1973

Gardener1973 Junior Member

How can I upload pictures to the forum?

I need to upload pictures. I have what I think are Leucaena trees. I need to confirm this.

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hi Gardener,
    You can upload small file photos directly to the forum site using the "insert image" icon when composing your post. There is a cumulative limit on how many pics you can upload.
    The best way is to use a photo hosting site (such as photobucket), then using the "insert image" icon again, select the "from a URL" tab and insert the direct link (from your hosting site) to your pic (deselect the "retrieve image from remote site and reference locally"). Much higher resolution this way, especially helpful for plant identification photos. This also works for posting images from the web.

Some detailed info on Leucaena: https://www.fao.org/ag/agp/AGPC/doc/Publicat/Gutt-shel/x5556e06.htm

[​IMG]

3. Gardener1973

Gardener1973 Junior Member

4. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Looks like Honey Locust to me.

5. grantvdm

grantvdm Junior Member

Metallurgist
    Hi Gardener,

Those definitely look like Leucaena to me, I have started growing a couple of them on a rental property I'm currently living on. They grow a bit slower that what I expected though...but have seen them exploding after "coppicing" (they actually try to kill them - lol) on the mine site where I work, got the seeds from the plants on site as well...

6. Rylan Zimny

Rylan Zimny New Member

Climate:
    Cold Temperate
    Where are you located?
    I would gravitate towards honey locust as I am most familiar with cool and cold temperate species, but there are so many leguminous trees out there from different climates...