Help a new permacultur-ist out!

Discussion in 'General chat' started by a.mao, May 12, 2014.

1. a.mao

a.mao New Member

Is permacultur-ist the correct noun? I don't know, I'm new to this! I have recently decided to take my growing and growing curiosity in permaculture and turn it into a real passion... In June I will be taking a PDC at Milkwood Permaculture in Sydney, Austrlia, with a co-teacher being David Holmgren. But to do this I need help. I have long enjoyed the articles on PRI and browsing the various threads here on the forums, but now it is time to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to do something more. I am raising funds for this PDS, and have a WeTheTrees campaign running now. I know I am new here, but I have found permaculturists to some of the friendliest people. I would appreciate your support and encouragement as I transition into this new adventure!

The campaign can be found here: https://www.wethetrees.com/campaigns/aaron-in-australia-a-permaculture-mission

(Mods: If this is not in the appropriate forum, can you please help me out :D

2. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

what a poor lonely post this was....

neglected and shunned i saw my op, and have nipped down here to beat it up.

you poor hard done by bastard...you with your engineering degree and no one to buy your permie certificate.

get a job hippy!!

i appreciate the fact that you thought permites were moronic enough for you to attempt to parasite them.
    but
    you neglected a glaring fundamental - they are selfish morons -

they are doing the amway of environmentalism, enjoying the look of green and aren't into personally sacrificing for their fellow man....else they'd be deep green ecologists, vegetarians, engaged in uncomfortable front line activism....

permites drive SUV's, live in urban environs, and are much like pilots...

how do you identify a pilot - you never have to, they always identify themselves....like hi, I'm Kimbo, i'm a pilot.

from my misanthropic perspective - i applaud your effort to parasite a human-

from the perspective of my inner permaculture designer - i would allocate some of my precious piss collection for your doorstep.

a.mao
    i respect you man - like i respect much in the way of peaceful brazen audacity.

:)

K

3. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

A.mao - meet Kimbo. Holder of the brazen audacious award.

Permies is usually the collective term we seem to address ourselves by. Hope you have some luck funding your course. You could try asking Milkwood if they have an alternate payment arrangement - hours of work in return or use of a LETS scheme for example. Most permies don't have spare cash floating around and if they did would buy a new tractor, put in another dam or get a goat. If you can figure out a way to scrape the money together I think it is worth it.

4. a.mao

a.mao New Member

Kimbo- I'm not sure what parasites they have in Western Australia, but I'm afraid to get one crawling up my ass too if it makes me start spewing hate like what you posted. Why are you on a goddamn permaculture site if you loathe those amway environmentalists? In case you wondered why this hippy is asking for help, I've spent all of my money volunteering my time and effort in India and Nepal for the last 8 months. I do appreciate that you resurrected a month old post though, thank you for that :clap:

Hey eco, thanks for the kind response *cough cough*. I have almost finished funding my course actually. I have contacted Milkwood and they are a bit slow on responses, but that is ok. I know that permies in general are strapped for cash, but I thought it would be worth the effort.

5. kimbo.parker

ain;t you touchy,,,i win Helen,,,i told you i could get him back here:)

why?

because i am a retard,
    because i am so individual i have no friends, and i get lonely
    because i am a Certified Permaculture Designer,
    because i have a history here
    because i have lots of hate, lots of fear, and i piss at a distance upon that which i fear
    because i seek to influence or perhaps corrupt the right mind if i find it
    because i am able to stimulate discussion
    because sometimes i love to polarise the debate
    because while jihadists and mandala gardeners are trying to track me down - they are not doing their usual stuff.
    because i was curious and somewhat envious of the engineer with the degree attempting to parasite a permaculturalist
    because i wanted to hear from you again
    because i had a $5 bet that i could get you back here to account for yourself

spewing hate ?
    huh?
    "get a job hippy" ....that's not spewing hate - that's articulating an opinion -
    i suspect you harbour cultural prejudices my friend - lots of time with buddhists in nepal and not enough time with bogans in Rockingham i suspect.

its ok though, i forgive you.

k

6. kimbo.parker

and furthermore,

because i have aspergers syndrome

where else is someone like me to go?

Hate - hate does not disqualify me .

let me give you a leg up here my young permite - permaculture owes a lot to hate.

some things i just never forget - and the thing that hooked me into Permaculture was Mollisons confession that his prime motivation was Hate.

old crusty hated the way things were - so he helped invent permaculture.
    you can check this .

so i am in place - A Designer, of the old school inspired by hate -
    i follow in the footsteps of the founders, my hate is strong.

but not for you a.mao - not personally.
    i hate humanity - i'm a misanthrope - plenty for all.

and you young man should not tease the retard or make wildly prejudicial cultural assertions about him - er.me
    ___________mercury is retro - this is bad___________

your username ; i have another bet going;

a.mao i have bet that the m.a.o. is "my arse off" but i can't sus the first a

if it was l.mao i'd have called it as "laughed my arse off"

perhaps you'd clear this up for me - in the spirit of brotherly love?

k

7. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Clearly the a stands for advertising.
    Failing that, what about announcing or asserting?

And a bloody good job of it he's done too because he's raised $2,200.00 towards achieving his ambition of doing his PDC at Milkwood.

: )

What the hell happened to all the vego love vibes???

: /

8. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

And now a.mao has visited your page, bringing the grand total to 9000 & *1*

9. kimbo.parker

because i am weak, because i am not a fanatic because i was cold and hungry,,,,i nibbled on a store bought bacon and egg toasted sanga...

and you are a dam clever girl to note the effect.

i wonder if the military understands this effect ( they must, surely )
    i imagine that a vegan in the army is on the path to a transgendering op, and a desk job.

K

10. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Come over to my place ... I've got a fire going & I do a deadly lentil burger.

Come on ... come over.

I'll tie dye ya hair shirt for ya.

; )
    x

11. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

Well, that partly answered two questions for me. Although I never really wondered what we call ourselves. I've answered to "Hey You!", "Dumbutt", "You in that stupid cowboy hat", a few that I'd really rather not talk about here , and when I'd raise the Irish up in me mother she'd call me "BEN-----'jamin'... Gaaabus". That's when I knew I'd better find something to slip in between my backside and my thin britches. So now Willie and I are Permies. Got a nice ring to it. Hey You Shielas! Could you give us permies a hand wi' this sheep? We lost the curlin' iron and have to have her curled before dark.
    And then I was wonderin' if Kimbo was a bloke or a Shiela. You talk like a fiesty sailor, but when you said "because I wanted to hear from you again" the words had a feminine ring to 'em, like "come and see me sometime"(diamond Lil). Oh well, I did say partly answered. Guess I'll mosey out and put the Chooks to bed. It's about that time. In the words of Jimmie Durrante "Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, Whatever you are."

Uncle Benny

12. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Kimbo Certainly AINT no Feminine girlie Benny....

I can Vouch for that

Tezza

Hows The Tupperware Party Sales Going Kimbo