Hello.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Naveed, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Naveed

Naveed Junior Member

Hello,

My name is Naveed Syed and I'm located in New Jersey, USA. I completed my degree in Agriculture Science a couple years ago but am currently working out of my field. I put myself through college while working as an officer in a prison. In the meantime, I've tried to do my part by contributing to sustainable building studies.

You can read the paper I wrote here on interlocking CEB's.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sN36zLnos2nDYCvEpExgP6jkoTxMztxIDVmL3e0g1iU/edit?pli=1

Hopefully one day, I would like to work in the field overseas and build permaculture homesteads.

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Welcome Naveed and thanks for including the link to your paper. I have often wondered about the feasibility of using cement with the local dirt as an alternative to clay/cob mixtures. Your research makes it sound likely! I'll try some test blocks next summer.

Naveed's interlocking Cement/Earth Blocks:
    [​IMG]

3. briansworms

briansworms Junior Member

I can see potential in developing countries and not having to bake the bricks is a great idea

4. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Wow - that's clever. It's like Lego for grown ups.

5. Naveed

Naveed Junior Member

Thanks Everyone. If you need any help or information on eco-builds I can offer some advice. It's still one of my goals to one day open source interlocking block housing projects. Basically making videos of how to build a house from the ground up. I think it's a necessary part of permaculture to have sustainable housing that an average person can afford. To give an example, if you provide volunteer labor, these blocks run less than .20 cents each at US material prices. So for example a 1500 sq ft. home might use about 8500 blocks. This runs about 1700 dollars. Once reinforced with steel rebar these homes provide excellent resistance against natural disasters.

You can read more about our project in Missouri here.
    https://empowerenergygroup.org/2012...nterlocking-earth-block-construction-project/