Hello, I am new here...

Discussion in 'General chat' started by jordbiten, May 6, 2007.

1. jordbiten

jordbiten New Member

I am a middlaged woman from Sweden who found this forum and have been reading a little bit of what has been written. Permaculture is an interesting subject and I am just in the beginning to learn.
    Sorry, but my english is not the best when I am writing but I understand when I am reading. :razz:

Best regards
    jordbiten

2. MareeSchurmann

MareeSchurmann Junior Member

Hi Jordbiten,
    I am also a middle-aged woman but from Australia. I have also found this site recently and I agree with you that permaculture is an extremely interesting subject. I have spent many, manty hours following the threads on this site (oh dear!!!- it's addictive) and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I also hope you find the people here as helpful and charming as I do.
    Kindest regards,
    MareeSchurmann

3. *redreamer*

*redreamer* Junior Member

Hello to both of you....... I am new here too but i have found a lot to read to keep me busy.......projects people are undertaking......

i am enjoying my visits too......

its also a great spot to reignite the fires after backbreakign spring tasks in the garden of an evening..... he he......

4. barely run

barely run Junior Member

I t is great to see so many overseas people joining our community. Oh Dear.. yes i'm another middle aged woman..... :( ....but I forget that most of the time :lol:
    Cheers
    Cathy

5. turkey

turkey Junior Member

Hullo Ladies,

Remember one thing and L,m sure that you have heard it before you are only young as you feel. :) 8)

6. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

Hello to new posters Jordbiten and MareeSchurmann.
    (and G'day to Cathy and others)

Yes, this little corner of cyber space is wonderful, and I too am glad I found it a couple of years back now.

A while back we regular (and semi regular) posters here had a (short lived) campaign to get everyone to include their general locality in their profile when they signed up.

It is interesting to see how many people we have visiting from all over the world, and how so many issues (and solutions) really are global now.

Dont be alarmed, the locality can be as broad as "Sweden", so you can still stay quite anonymous.

Localities are interesting - and if there are people in your part of the world they may like to get in contact via the private messaging just to say hi.
    I am not aware of anything untoward occurring, but general common sense caution is advisable - but that is true for all posters on all internet boards.

No pressure to state your locality, - but a lot of us just like to see where everyone is from

I personally would LOVE to see posters here from absolutely every country all over the planet - then we would be a real global community, and it would mean we had reached a point where permaculture could really exert influence in directing solutions to the world's issues.

7. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats it Heretics you tell em

Tezza

Oh and To all those middle age women out there (whatever age that means)

Im A young 53 year old

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :wav: :wav: :wav:

8. Robyn Braun

Robyn Braun New Member

I'm new as well...

Hello everyone,
    I can add a little to the international flair :)
    I'm German, in New Zealand right now (where I did my PDC) and I'm going to be in France for a year from August on to finish my studies (I'm 22 right now... so happy to learn from all of you!!!)
    Does someone know permie people in the Paris region?? I would be happy to meet some when going there.
    Kind regards to all of you,
    Robyn

9. Jez

Jez Junior Member

Welcome Robyn - I don't think we have any Parisian posters...certainly not regulars, but the site does get a lot of visitors and your message may well lead to some contacts.

Good luck with your further studies.