Hello I am Brian

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by briansworms, Oct 29, 2011.

1. S.O.P

S.O.P Moderator

There was plenty of food down there. I'm hosing it out now so there is no food. I figure they will make their way to plug and drown themselves in liquid.

I'll stop hosing and harvest underneath as well. I've given away so many worms and yet I still have a heap in the wheelbarrow.

Eco, if you are reading this, would you like some worms to add to your population?

2. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Love to! I'll actually be in Brisvegas on the 8th. Maybe I should swing by on my way home in the afternoon? PM me if that suits.

3. S.O.P

S.O.P Moderator

I'll check my schedule. Even if I'm not here, I can leave them by the stairs.

4. briansworms

briansworms Junior Member

Gee don't tell everybody you are giving them away. I will go broke. S.O.P I think I recall you asking how many is there in a handful. It depends on the size of them 500 grams is considered around 2,000. Smaller worms could be double that.

5. S.O.P

S.O.P Moderator

Righto, thanks. Never weighed.

If Eco picks up my wheelbarrow remainder, I'll get her to count each one before she leaves. Would it be prudent to have her count each egg as well?

6. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I'm going to have to remember to bring my reading glasses by the sound of it...

7. briansworms

Is his worms that small? Did you get to pick them up?

8. S.O.P

S.O.P Moderator

Brian! That's personal.

9. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I never handle a gentleman's worm and tell....

So SOP - are we on? I promise not to tell Brian about your worms...

10. briansworms

You pair are terrible. My mate in NZ sent me some pics of his worm today, it was huge. LOL he found some really big ones and threw them in with his other worms.
    S.O.P it will do you good to reduce your numbers so they start breeding like mad again.

Come on Eco you have me wound up so I need to know how big is worm (s) are?

11. S.O.P

S.O.P Moderator

Oh, the things you get up to online Brian.

I'm giving away all the silt worms, so the actual tub is unchanged. They are still dropping out through mesh, so I have some population control. They may be getting back in again, I'm not too sure.

Eco is not getting as many as my other giveaway, I was happy to rid myself so I really went to town on her. I'm the Worm Dealer, women flock to me.

Once you get the worms, then you get the power, then you get the women.

12. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I'm dropping by this weekend. With any luck I'll get the whole garden tour and can tell you ALL about it. But dear Brian - I have only seen pictures of yours and you KNOW how the camera lies.... I'll have to find a reason to come to the Gold Coast before I can truly measure up the wormness of you both.

(Oh dear.... someone is going to read this one day and really wonder about it)

13. briansworms

Hmmm Eco. You really are my kind of girl lol.

14. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

SOP's place is smaller than it looks in the photos (told you the camera lied), but he sure has a lot tucked into his backyard and it all looks really great. The worms are happy and healthy, and my new ones have been settled into their new home and are hard at work. I also picked up 4 new hens after I left his place. Tonight is there first night in with my other chooks. I have a lawn mower grass catcher as a nesting box and tonight there are 3 silkies and the 4 little new chooks all squished in together - it's like the bed room of the Big Brother house!

15. briansworms

I would love some chooks but they are not allowed in our area plus the dogs attract enough flies without chooks adding to the problem.

Looks like the chooks wont get cold all squeezed in together.

I started building a rack to hold some of my worm farms. It will hold about 20 cement mixing trays which I use to breed in, hold and grow worms. They can hold around 10,000 to 12,000 full size ready for sale. I put around 4,000 in for breeding. The problem with breeding is they are too good at it and I will have to restrict them except for about 4 beds for a couple of months of the year. I am trying to reduce the numbers in my incubation beds so I can start of the next lot. Hmmm looks like I may need more trays.

16. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Contraceptives for worms?

17. briansworms

Pack them in so tight they can't get their willies out.LOL
    If you pack them inthe tubs in high density they are ore concerned about space and food than breeding. It tricks them to think that there is too many so stop breeding. When you reduce the numbers they come on heat and start breeding again