Hello from Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Rick Larson, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Rick Larson

Rick Larson Junior Member

Just finished Geoff Lawton's Online PDC and passed the test. I make videos from time to time so I will record some of my work and post it on this forum for comments. This is my second summer planting season using Permaculture ideas. Now after the course, I really have a lot of ideas!:party:

2. Lesley W

Lesley W Junior Member

Congratulations Rick. What are you planning to do with your new knowledge?

3. Peter

Peter Junior Member

Hi Rick,
    What are you planting?
    Cheers,
    Peter

4. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Congrats Rick!

5. Rick Larson

I originally planned to learn to use these ideas on my own property, but have decided to be a designer for hire. Right now, I have four properties lined up to design, on the cheap, for experience, following Geoff's advice to design six properties before I design my own. Did look at the first one today, and this client traded me a pickup load of manure, handfuls of mulberries, and a jar of mulberry preserves for a design!

6. Rick Larson

Peter, in the last two summers, and mostly this spring 2013, I have planted apples, pears, nectarines, apricots, hazelnuts, persimmons, pawpaws, honeyberry, mulberries, grapes, rasp and blackberry, kiwi, peach, blueberry, gooseberry, aronia, serviceberry, saskatoon, and I can't tell you all that I have on order, but can type it is $500 worth coming in November. Zone 5 Cool Climate location on a lot 66' by 333'. Built quite a few huglebeds, and am gathering flat field stone for a herb spiral. Oh, I have ideas for swales and small ponds as well. But that is on hold right now... :)