Hello from the Slieve Bloom mountains Ireland

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by degs37, Jul 22, 2013.

1. degs37

degs37 New Member

They say"life begins at 40"
    Well it took me 40 years of living in Dublin and London to realize that something was missing.I think I was suffering from a lack of contact with nature.
    Every chance I got I would head off out of the city and pass some time in the countryside.When our factory manager told us they were going to ship the production line to Poland I decided it was my chance to change the way I was living.I started using the internet to research which direction to take .
    That's when I first came across permaculture, I did the design course,packed my bags and moved from London to the Slieve Bloom mountains in the midlands of Ireland.
    Its been hard going at times we've had some desperate weather constant rain for months on end, this last winter seemed to last 6 months and now we have a drought .It's been a steep learning curve but I wouldn't go back to my old life for all the tea in China.
    Anyhoo i've had some successes along the way and next on the list is to start seed saving/sharing .

The future is not a road to be discovered,its a place to be created.

All the best

degs37

2. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

So what's the climate supposed to be like when it is 'normal'? I thought all of Ireland was constant rain - that's why it is Emerald green.

3. chook-in-eire

chook-in-eire Junior Member