Hello from SW France

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by cabbage chronicles, Jul 3, 2013.

1. cabbage chronicles

cabbage chronicles Junior Member

Hi, I am looking forward to reading all the posts here on the forum and learning a few new things, nice to see such an active community.

Will

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    An especially warm welcome from one Will to another! Good to e-see you here.
    What kind of Permaculture activities are happening near you?

Will (aka Bill)

3. annette

annette Junior Member

Love the name Cabbage chronicles! Welcome! I'm thinking (or hoping) there may be some secret sauerkraut tips on the way. :)

4. hardworkinghippy

hardworkinghippy Junior Member

Hello Will (Bill),

I'm in SW France too and it would be nice to know what you're up to !

Irene

5. cabbage chronicles

cabbage chronicles Junior Member

Hi and thanks for the welcome, 9anda1f not sure what sort of permaculture is going on around me but I have a horrible feeling that there is not a lot, hopefully this will change in the not so distant future with a little help from myself, Annette I am glad you like the name, I thought it had a nice ring to it, not so sure about the sauerkraut tips but I did make a very nice coleslaw today using Kohlrabi, raw Beetroot and some Cabbage and just a little mayo, I must say that it was rather good, Hardworkinghippy, where are you in SW France, I am in the Haute Vienne, so just SW, I have quite a lot of projects on the go at the moment, greywater system, various veg gardens, the start of a forest Garden to name but a few but with 8 people in my family I am giving quite a bit of time at the moment to food production both vegetable and meat.

will

6. hardworkinghippy

I'm between Bergerac and PĂ©rigueux and there's a lot going on in your region.

For example just two hours from you there's a Permaculture Festival next month run by Brin de Paille the French Permaculture Association :

https://asso.permaculture.fr/

[​IMG]

An hour from you there's the Eco centre de PĂ©rigord and an hour from there is our farm La Ferme de Sourrou established by Fabrice and I about 20 years ago.

There's also a French Permaculture forum (I'm the administrator) : https://forum.permaculture.fr/index.php

I know this is a busy time of the year but soon it will too hot to do much so join the forum and introduce yourself and you'll find out more about what's going on around you. 8)

Irene

7. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Will - I have seen photos of Hard working Hippy's place and it is MAGNIFIC! I don't know if its just that everything in France looks nicer than Australia but I suspect that she and Fabrice are really good at what they do. If you get the chance to go and visit you should. I would but it isn't just a few hours up the road....

8. hardworkinghippy

Thanks for your words Eco - it's lovely to hear. :)

I've changed my signature as I'm so ashamed that I've not updated my blog for a very long time.

Irene x

9. Redreamer

Redreamer New Member

*Some of us miss you Irene* lol

10. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hi Wendy!
    Must be getting snowed in upstate? My partner's family is in Ithaca and we're comparing snow depths and wondering how the folks in the Freeville earthship are faring.
    Hope you and yours are warm, well, and wonderful!