Hello from South Carolina

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Benjy136, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

Yes, Sweetpea. Or at least fine sand that can be sprinkled onto "floor and deck" enamel before it dries. Our back steps are no problem. Once the grain starts rising you have to make an effort if you'd like to slide on them. I typed that in a post that apologized for the "rant" of my last post, but it took too long to explain the whole thing and it didn't post up on the site.

You live right on the cusp of the "Liberal" capitol in this country, so you may have (or not) just wrote it off as Conservative Right rantings of a deluded old man still trying to see things in the perspective of a time long-past, before the Left had convinced so many Blacks here that they were victims, and every "Whitey" owed them for anything they had gained in life. If they were taught any world history worth a Damn in today's schools, they'd learn that their "race" was not the only people enslaved by their own kind as well as others, AND that was a- hundred -fifty-some -odd years ago AND the very people that kept them down after the War (the Democrats) are the ones enslaving them today with"trinkets" and are the ones they keep putting back into office. The country has plenty of libraries or you can just google the facts. There is no excuse for the ignorance that perpetrates the senseless violence welcomed by the people who wish for a 'division" that weakens the US to foreign enemies. The one leading the idiocy is the Islam-bred (Don't take my word. Read his own books if our "Liberal" schools have even taught you to read) POTUS.(President Of The United States, for those unfamiliar with POTUS) While we are concentrating on Hillary and Bernie, he will get HIS THIRD term, citing MARTIAL LAW, using the same tactics FDR used to get his third term. If you thought his second term showed the real man, as they said in Vaudville, YOU AIN'T SEEN NUTHIN' YET. If I'm preachin' to the choir, and you already know these things, I strongly advise you to talk with any friends, Black or White, about what's going on and ask them to "pass it on" We don't have a lot of time, 'cause this is escalating at an accelerating pace and this is no conspiracy theory.

When you feel the ground shaking beneath your feet it is to late to run from an earthquake. We are feeling the axe striking the roots of this Tree of freedom. It has been slowly cutting the smaller roots with little or no opposition, ignoring the Constitution, The Taproot that protected us from tyranny these many generations. It took almost a hundred years and the bloodbath of a nation to end an institution in this country that has become a millstone around our neck. If we, as a United people do not quit our squabbling among ourselves, we will ALL become the slaves under a treacherous Slavemaster as bad or worse than any in the past in this country has been. If you and your neighbor have had differences, go and settle them peacefully. Embrace that neighbor. You will need him and He will need you in the future

The German Jews said to each other "It can't happen here" The Christians in the East said "We still have time" The peasants in Russia said " Surely our Stalin will not starved us to death" They were all deceived by the millions. Go into our streets and tell them what I've just said. I'll bet the Farm that at least 9 out of 10 will say "Ha! it can't happen here". Or more likely "As if."

Love is Still the answer

Uncle Ben

2. songbird

songbird Senior Member

gardening, reading, etc
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    -15C-35C, 10cm rain/mo, clay, full sun, K-G Dfa=x=Dfb
    there's fracking all over the place, but the area that had this quake was one that had one some years ago. it was 4.2 and that made it the second largest on record. no damage aside from a few broken windows/mirrors reported.

out planting today what i could get in, hoping for rains this week, it's been a little too dry for "spring". the flowers are looking very nice. windy today, made scattering seeds a challenge. i dunno how many hit the spots they were aimed for, but it was onion seeds that i have many extras of, so if i have to reseed or fill in spots that's ok.

also been peeling what is left of last year's garlic, it stored pretty well this year. i have about 5lbs of it that i will work on some more this week and then turn into something, not sure what yet, but likely pickled-sweet-n-sour something with a few jars with some heat... i can use it like pickle relish...

Benjy, Obama will be out, i think you are jumping at shadows, but i do agree with you that many kids are not learning much in school. for the money spent and what we get we should be shutting them all down. once they put in income and property taxes that was the end of any real chance at a free society. all the rest since then has been variations upon a theme (the rich get richer, the government is the best that money can buy and the workers don't get ahead because nobody teaches them how to manage money).

3. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

I planted some purple peas and soybeans today. I put sunflower in between the soy and calendula in between the peas.

4. songbird

songbird Senior Member

gardening, reading, etc
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    haha Pak, what kind of soybeans?

our first bit of comfrey patch was planted last year, i didn't think it would grow here but it came through the winter just fine.
    bunnies like comfrey, but not as much as they like wide leaf plantain and clover.

5. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

Yeah, Yeah. Change the subject. I can't say I blame you, Packo. I can almost guarantee that if you were to look hard enough, you'd find a half-dozen "Illegal Aliens" that came over the border from.....Iraq?...or on Saul's payroll, setting fires and busting windows in Baltimore.

OKAY. I'll shush for now and. As hard as it is to see smoke and not yell "FIRE!!" I'll just go back to my gardening where a nice "row" of carrots is thriving among the other goodies. I keep turning my compost but perhaps there's too much poop in it. And, not being Horse poop, it is pretty strong stuff. When those Chooks poop, they don't fool around. It must take a lot more straw and greens to tone that stuff down, and I'm a little short on scrap veggies at the moment. Cow poop would probably be even better, but we decided not to graze a cow on this small lot.

You see. I can get off the serious stuff and talk shit.

To be honest, though, I am not getting out to the garden enough, and some of the beautiful "plants growing in the wrong place" are in need of becoming compost to help out with the breaking down of the aforementioned poop. The tomatoes planted in fencepost holes need more compost to finish filling up the holes, as the 'maters are almost a foot above mean ground level. I may go to Wall-mart and pick up a sack or two of Mushroom compost for the job. I've used up all the chips from the planer on the potatoes or I could have used them in the compost bins. Too late now, as the spuds have already started new "roots" into the shavings, and are putting on little red marbles. Some of the plants are showing their pretty little purple flowers, and, with the horseradish plants in the buckets scattered among them, have no sign of beetles. The beans in one area where I have planted them have been showing "bug" holes. I haven't isolated the cause as yet.

Packo, I've found that Sunflowers are pretty territorial, and I don't plant any food crop close to mine. I have read, in fact, that some company was trying to isolate the agent in them to incorporate it in a "natural" herbicide. I've also found that they are a great trap crop for stink (squash) bugs, so when I grow them I prefer not to plant the real tall ones, as the heads are out of reach, and the "Bugs" can escape before I can pick them off. A butterfly net may even be an investment to consider..

Willie and I are leaving shortly to visit a relative that has had back surgery, so I have to get off for now. You are sounding in better spirits, Packo, for which Willie and I are very grateful.

Love is the answer......Trust me.

Uncle Ben and
    Auntie Willie

6. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Tohya Soy Bean, supposedly the best tasting, and very high yielding.

The pea is Blauwschokkers Garden Pea

Calendula was Pacific Beauty mix

Sunflower was "Mammoth" variety.

I got 6 more square feet in the bed & I am unsure what I want to plant there.

Ben & Willie, I mostly am in better spirits. :)

7. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

Thank you, Packo. We were supposed to have been gone an hour ago, but something has held us up. Have a blessed day.

Unc Ben

8. briansworms

briansworms Junior Member

Pak did you spell this right? Blauwschokkers lol
    Uncle just lately l strugggle to find time to read your rants lol but really enjoy them.
    I leave in the dark and get home just on dark and with the sweetie layed up l am chief cook and bottle washer. Then a shop run for supplies and woodie packer. Knackered by bedtime. Still no computer.
    Take care all.

9. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

Hello again, friends. We're sorry to hear the Mrs. is still laid up, Brian. That must have been a bad whack. I help out, doing the meals here and do the kind of housekeeping you'd expect from a man. At least I don't have to get out and work an 8-hour shift, though, so I have time to sit down at the 'puter and run off the drivel of living comfortably in an uncomfortable world, half wishing we'll not be here when the SHTF, while praying there is still hope for our once great (though our kids are being brain-washed differently) country. When you see my"rantings" it is because the Government-pandering media does't tell the rest of the world what is REALLY happening here. "Nuff said for now, on that subject.

Willie and I had planned to get out and do some of the things we left too late to do yesterday, but her feet are not wanting to cooperate with the idea. I may have to run the errands myself today, as it's getting later by the minute. Yeah.. imagine that.

10. briansworms

Just a quick one. She hobbled out to the lounge where the computer is and I said turn it on to see if it starts. It turned over 3 times and stopped . Like starting a car lol. On the 4th go it fired up and now running so I am not going to turn it off. Have to run to the shop and cook dinner.

11. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

Sometimes one has to just decide to go it alone and the other is up getting cleaned up and dressed, We went to check on her Niece and bring her some reunion pics and a few dozen eggs, then went on into town to take care of a few things before my sister got here today just as Willie and I got home from the Doctor (eye Doc). The Doc says she's doing fine. She and Pauline are gabbing in a spare bedroom so I thought its a good time to post this off. uh oh.. Here comes m'Baby..... Bye Bye........

Ben

12. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

You doin ok with that tropical depression by you?

13. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

So far, so good, Packo. Looking for storms tomorrow and Saturday, though. Posting this quickly in case you're still on.

Ben

14. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

We've been having really nice weather these last few days. Sis came in yesterday and we've had several warm talks. We are going to the fort while she is here and, perhaps, Sams to do some "plundering" and just another day out together before the bad weather hits and we have to "Batten the hatches" for a couple days.

My daughter never stays to visit when she brings my Sister. We exchange greetings, she gives me a hug, and it's off to visit with her mom. Oh well. At least we get to see each other. She'll be back Monday to pick Pauline up and make the trip back to Arkansas (pronounced AR' kan Saw) Stress can be put on the AR or the SAW or both,

How's the 'puter holding up, Brian? Mine gets harder to work with every day. Sometimes the programs take long enough for me to go shave and come back (And I still shave with a razor)

Well. The girls are through showering so I'd better get the Hup-mobile out and checked.

Love is the answer

Uncle Ben.........and
    Auntie Willie.

15. briansworms

I haven't turned it off since we got it working again lol. Just time to use it is the problem. My wife is still layed up. I got a support bandge thing yesterday and she squealed merry hell getting it on. Even louder getting it back off as she couldn't keep it on. Tomorrow l will be home so she can try it again.

16. songbird

songbird Senior Member

gardening, reading, etc
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    to help cut the chicken poo try to mix in some dirt and see if that helps...

all ok here, flowers, flowers and more flowers, weeding, weeding and more weeding, not really that bad, not much rain lately, but we are hoping for more this weekend. i did plant some of the onion seeds, the strawberries are starting to bring on more flowers and pretty much things are under control as much as they can be. i'm hoping for no more hard frosts, but it is still a bit early yet to plant out the delicates...

17. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

I'm sure there's someone out there that has a "natural" cure for Diverticulitus. That bothersome disease that results from folds in the colon trapping crap like small seeds and stuff which tends to rot and produce problems in the gut.

My good friend, Charlie just told me he is affected by it and one of his favorite fruits is Strawberries. Sorry Charlie. I also found out that Willie's nephew (by marriage) has had that thing for a coon's age'

As a child I remember someone treating something like that with flax seed. Go figure.

Well, back to my chores. I have to first take a drive into town for that return item.

Love is the answer,

Uncle Ben and
    Auntie Willie

18. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Happy Birthday Pak!
    = )

19. briansworms

Happy birthday Pak

20. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Good Morning and ty. I got money together today from family and I am off to the garden center.

I kind of wish I could go here, but not this year. The driver, not me, most likely can't handle the ride today.

I plan to guild at least 1 apple tree today. Not sure what else at the moment, I need to see what is there.