HELLO! FROM ROADVALE QLD

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Alysia, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Alysia

Alysia New Member

Climate:
    Sub Tropical
    If you are wondering "where the hell is Roadvale" its a small township on the outskirts of Boonah in the Scenic Rim. We are maybe an hour from Brisbane CBD and an hour and a half from Surfers Paradise. I often have to remind myself how we ended up in Roadvale and the short version is that we simply fell in love with a particular 5 acre piece of land.

We had been living in a gated estate on the Gold coast for many years and after moving back from living in the United States we made the decision to move our family to the country. We had to be within an hour of Brisbane due to work and so the search started. We wanted a block that was between 10 and 20 acres as we were 'first timers' and although the thought of a beautiful 200 acre property really got me excited the reality was that at this point in our lives that would not be manageable for us.

I have been passionate about permaculture for some years and when we started the search for our perfect piece of land it was very much based on what i had already learned. I remember the day we pulled up out the front of this 5 acre parcel of grass and I just KNEW that this was the one. It was smaller than what we had hoped for but it just felt right. There was a gully running through the middle of it with beautiful bullrush reeds thats whistled in the wind. There were 2 trees and the land was very damaged from years of cattle use but the view was fantastic and it felt like home.

We purchased that block of land in march 2015 and we are in the final stages of having our house completed. We have spent all of our spare time over the past 18 months on the land and have already completed quite a lot of work.

The kids love it and it really has been a rewarding journey.

The photo attached below i took on the day we settled the land.

Attached Files:

Grace Pignatello likes this.
  2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hi Alysia and welcome,
    Beautiful property! Do you have plans for the existing wetland area? Can't wait to see more photos of your home and progress.

3. Grace Pignatello

Grace Pignatello Member

Urban Site Manager, Homeschooling Mom
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Desert
    Welcome Alysia!
    Lovely land! Keep us updated!