Hello from Colorado

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Aaronj, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Aaronj

Aaronj Junior Member

Just returned to Western Colorado after a year of permaculture adventures in Australia. It feels strange to not have my hands on a project.. landing up here in the middle of winter... so figured it would be good to find some permaculture friends online.

I have also been looking for ways to get involved in permaculture aid for Haiti and wonder what information people have regarding that.

EDIT: I am also working on guilds of permaculture plants for Temperate/Cold and Arid zones, any input would be beneficial. Thanks.

All the best
    Aaron

2. Yukkuri_Kame

Yukkuri_Kame Junior Member

3. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Yukkuri, Aaron
    There is a thread on permaculture Haiti in the news section you might like to post your link and ask questions there.

What is Colorado like weather/climate wise. I get the idea it is a bit dry like Australia.

BTW Aron welcome "back" :)

4. Aaronj

Aaronj Junior Member

Hey thanks.

My area in western Colorado is classified as highland semi-desert. Altitude is 5200 ft, (1584 m) its very dry, less than 12 inches (30 Cm) of rain, and 4-5 months of winter, -30 F (-34 C) in extreme winters, but averaging around -5 F (-20 C) , growing season is 80-100 days frost free.

cheers