Hello from Aust. NSW, Southern tablelands. Developing site as an example of regenerative practices.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Bender, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Bender

Bender New Member

Climate:
    Dry Temperate to Arid
    Good day/evening.

Been practising/learning for 8 years since I began my journey at Geoff Lawton's PRI. 2 years in total there with a few courses was enough to reaffirm my required disillusionment and transition away from this corporate-control-grid of manufactured scarcity. We've such opportunity... To see/taste/touch/feel the results unequivocally was an inspiration thanks to Geoff's institute and those who've made it possible...

Many years later now I've settled approx. 40Ks from Mudgee. At Hazelcombe here, Myself and others that reside here and pass through as volunteers, are working to establish this site as an example of self-reliant community and land custodianship. We sell scythes and earthenware crockpots for fermentation, now some basic hand tools... We host twice a year the Sustainable Living Workshop weekend demonstrating soil-management methods, water-harvesting, food preservation, blacksmithing, woodworking, etc.

As an individual, this is not about profiteering, as I do my best to renounce the arbitrary and abstract constructs that I feel hinder our potential as Women and Men... First and foremost we're here as caretakers and as I see the land and waterways degenerate I wish to only instigate greater rapport and collaboration alongside those with the eyes of understanding and the impetus to rectify these problems. For all those on this journey - Godspeed!

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hello Bender and welcome,
    Here here! Well spoken Bender!
    I can get a little taste of Hazelcombe from the photos on your website: https://hazelcombefarm.com.au/
    Would love to hear more about what's going on there (and more pics too!)

Bender likes this.
  3. Bender

Bender New Member

Climate:
    Dry Temperate to Arid
    A few samples...

Attached Files:

4. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Is that first pic of a new dam? It looks like you've built some beautiful soil, your gardens are vibrant. Good work!

Thanks for the pics!

5. Bender

Bender New Member

Climate:
    Dry Temperate to Arid
    Yeah that's the new dam, now about a year and half old now. Been accumulating a lot of organic materials since I got here. I'm always churning out aerobic-thermal-compost. Resorting more to perennials until the area around the dam is more established ready for annual cropping. The first zones you see as gardens are too exposed. Many -8s through winter and very extreme in summer. All one step after another.

9anda1f likes this.