Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by bulent bulenttg, Jan 7, 2019.

1. bulent bulenttg

bulent bulenttg New Member

retired technical electrician
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Mediterranean
    Hi friends,I come from izmir city Turkey.

songbird likes this.
  2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Greetings Bulent and welcome,
    It's possible that your expertise in solar may net you a few questions! Those sailboats look quite inviting to me (having given up sailing for a more land-based life).

3. songbird

songbird Senior Member

gardening, reading, etc
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    -15C-35C, 10cm rain/mo, clay, full sun, K-G Dfa=x=Dfb
    welcome to the forums! i wish i had a friend like you local to ask questions and to tinker around with designs for solar hot water and self pumping of the water using also solar panels so that the load on the panels is the water pumps which only need to run when the sun is actually out and how to set that up electrically. my sister has a place in a very sunny area and i asked her about putting something like this in and so she asked me to look into it. the problem is that i have zero experience with any of this so i can't really evaluate any designs other than using a bit of my analytical bent and asking questions...

some of the other things to consider is that the system has to not be damaged when it freezes so it has to drain back during the cloudy and night time or it needs to be designed as a heat exchanger (more than one circuit) which increases the complexity.

the hot water that is the result can be used for both heat and washing. unfortunately they are also in an arid climate so discarding or evaporation or letting off steam isn't really wanted.

nothing like a challenge huh? :) and no i don't expect answers from you, but these are things to think about on a cool winter evening here. :)

anyways, welcome again, i hope you enjoy it here in the forums. :)